RSS Feed Print
No excuses for me.
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 3:41 AM

One thing I’ve learned. If I truly want to do something, do it. Don’t dilly-dally. Don’t make excuses. Take action. To make dreams come true. Maybe a dream or two prove impractical. But most dreams – hey, they’re in the realm of the possible. And if I hit on two out of three dreams, that ain’t bad. I could list maybe 20 dreams that have come true. A few that haven’t. But I still have time.  After my first true love died (Alzheimer's), after 38 years together, I decided I was ready for a second true love. And here I am. Living with her in Sardinia. And in the sixth grade, decided I wanted a career as a journalist/writer. Lo and behold, I did it. Still am. Writing every day. When I retired in 1998, decided I wanted to find my paternal German roots. Sure enough, I did it. I’ve located German cousins. And we’re connected. And I’ve walked the same ground my ancestors walked 400 years ago. Now I wanna write a book. A blend of fiction and truth. And I’m at it. I wanna live a long and happy life, too. And I’m well on my way. No excuses for me. –Jim
quits
Posted: Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:58 AM

I am pushing myself to try things I have wanted to try now.  Some dreams were put off while my husband was serving in the Navy and now I won't travel the world with him...a road trip is a huge endeavor but I am not using that as an excuse to not try the things I can.  I wrote a short story and entered it in a Christmas contest.  I didn't win but gained confidence.  I was 2 people away from climbing into a hot air balloon for a ride but God picked up the wind and said not yet.  I will ride another time.  A year ago I would not have gone to the festival to see the balloons but life is short and I need to live even as I watch my husband's mind die.