RSS Feed Print
My declaration of superiority.
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, February 15, 2016 3:41 PM

I’m distinctive. Unique. The one and only Jim Broede. Little wonder. That people accuse me of being narcissistic. As if that’s a malady. A curse. Funny thing. I consider myself blessed. Because I am distinctive. Unique. Perhaps one of a kind. Oh. there are other beings. Very much like me. But I’m conscious. Of being me. A specific me. A romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thinker. A political liberal. A lover. A dreamer. A writer. Of course, I’m fully capable of being self-centered. At almost any time.  Oh, I take interest in other people. I even fall in love. With others. And I try to treat my fellow beings with the utmost respect. I’m willing to make self-sacrifices. To benefit others. Including society as a whole.  We are all in this world. Together. Therefore, it’s important to work for the common good. But hey, nothing wrong with working for my own good, too. Actually, I feel it benefits me. When I labor physically, mentally and emotionally for the common good. In my unique and distinctive ways. By falling in love. With life. With friends. With me, too Nothing wrong with me liking me.  Yes, I have rock solid self-esteem. With no qualms about declaring. That I’m a superior human being. And that one of the Great Lakes has been named after me. Lake Superior. –Narcissistic Jim.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, February 16, 2016 10:11 PM

I have several friends and acquaintances. With low self-esteems. They lack confidence. In themselves. And that’s too bad. They’ve gotten that way, it seems to me, by focusing on their failures. Rather than on their successes. They don’t understand. That everyone fails. A natural part of life. Failure after failure. That’s how one learns to succeed. I’ve had so many, many failures. That I can’t even keep track of ‘em all. It’s an astronomical number.  But hey, every now and then, I succeed. Magnificently. That’s good enough for me. Keeps me happy. And confident.   --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, February 17, 2016 4:09 AM

I most cherish the many, many opportunities to learn from my many, many mistakes. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 5:51 AM

A sign of superiority is to admit to one's mistakes. --Jim
sharon11daugherty
Posted: Monday, February 22, 2016 11:48 PM

Jim, thank you for your good responses to our recent....marketers on this sight!

I appreciate it!    sharon

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, June 5, 2016 12:57 PM

And I am appreciative of you, Sharon. For daring to muse. I know. I know. Musing in a public forum can be a frightening experience. Especially for fearful people. But I sense you are not frightened. Because you are in love. With life. --Jim