RSS Feed Print
Tovertafel The Magic Table For People With Dementia
Jo C.
Posted: Friday, March 22, 2019 7:03 AM

This is a link to a fascinating and delightful table that Vik provided on the Caregiving Forum.  Interesting to see and watch people engage in:

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Tovertafel&form=IE11TR&src=IE11TR&pc=EUPP_HPNTDFJS

I looked up the cost and found it was 5500 British pounds, which is, $7,226 U.S. dollars.

A bit pricey, BUT not that much for what it is and what it does and when fund raising and donations are involved at facilities.  Many Memory Care and dementia specific facilities could benefit many of their residents with this very creative table.

The developer of this table was very concerned lest the table cause upset with some users, but according to her input on the video, this has not been an issue.

J.

Jo C.
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 7:50 AM

Guess I should have asked; has anyone seen this in person?  If so, how did the persons using it react?

I wonder if anyone has heard of this being in a facility in their community.  I also wonder  how the quality is for longevity of the system as well as repair history.

Just find it rather fascinating.

J.

ruthmendez
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:10 PM

Not familiar with this, but when I saw it here I liked the idea.  My cat would love it too...but mucho $$$

I wonder if smaller tables can be made..???.

I have also seen (can't remember who introduced it-either here or some other site) movie or image projection on ceilings for bed bound.  I like that idea too.

Jo C.
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:26 PM

It IS a lot of money; those Tovertafel's are marketed to facilities, while the videos show people enjoying, I wonder if it is routine to get such responses.  Until they are used here in the U.S. more often, guess we will not know.

J.