RSS Feed Print
Cardboard people
ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 12:41 AM

https://www.cardboardcutoutstandees.com/

I am thinking about getting one of these. Life size cut out of my sister.  So I can put it as display in the house. It’s really no different than when she’s really here.  Maybe I can use it as dart practice too. She doesn’t allow me to finish an argument. So, this should work. She’s not listening anyway.  

If you guys wanna get something like this for a useless relative, don’t get startled when you run into it. It’s not real and you can hide it in your closet.

Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:06 PM

I love it!   It would be nice if they do cutouts of pets, too.

Iris L

LizzieC
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2020 6:50 PM

Ruth...you are so funny!!!  You could draw warts on her; maybe blacken out a few teeth!
abc123
Posted: Tuesday, February 25, 2020 8:38 PM

Ruth!!!! I love it!!!!!
Battlebuddy
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 2:28 PM

My father in law had dementia from a couple strokes and accused his wife of having an affair because he saw a man in the house. She called him on it and said show me this man! He lead her straight to the cardboard cutout of Captain America DD had gotten from the movie theatre. 

Your sister will get credit for being there! 

GothicGremlin
Posted: Thursday, February 27, 2020 4:03 PM

I like this idea way too much! 

My brother is not only useless, he's actively destructive as we deal with our sister's AD.  Once in a blue moon he'll do something helpful and I have to work hard to not show my shock.

Good way to build up my skill at darts.

CTEdaughter
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2020 6:11 PM

I need one of my mom to "wear" when I help my dad! He does anything she says, but I don't always have the same success. I said I'm going to get an iPad video of her telling him what's next and I will play it for him and be her stand in.

ruthmendez
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 10:18 AM

Cardboard sister texted me last night.
I guess she had some sort of epiphany.

But I can tell, as usual, all this becomes about her, whenever I'm pissed and argue with her (more like snarling at her like an untamed chihuahua-following her down the street in rage as she drove away from my home).

Anyway, she wants to see dad (after 3 months not stopping by, even though she lives a few houses away from us).

I said...you go right ahead whenever you want (I promise to myself I'll be good....).

That's my point all along anyway. Spend some time with him. Feel love for him.  But I mean, really feel for him.  I guess I want too much, too idealistic.  I know I have that problem sometimes.  And I can't teach anyone anything.  It's her own heart and mind.  

He won't be here forever...I hope ;o)

kmm kmm, I mean he's cute n' all but I am getting tired.  Ahhh.....caregiving is a real B***h.

He's so cute....but...

ladyzetta
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 2:25 PM

Dear Ruth,

You have gone way over and above outstanding care for your Father. You have the right to be tired and you need lots of rest. Your Dad knows and feels the love you have for him each time you walk into his room. He knows you are there for him. Your sister may be there and give him some time but he will never feel the love you show him. Be proud and hold your head up high when your Dad passes you will know you did everything you could do. 

Just sit next to your Cute Dad, hold his hand and rest. Hugs Zetta   

MissHer
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 6:52 PM

Ruth

You're a sweet angel and the cardboard sister should feel guilty. (hope so)

ruthmendez
Posted: Monday, April 20, 2020 11:56 PM

Oh thank you ladyzetta and Deb!  
I sent cardboard sister this photo attached.  I think she liked it.  She sent me a text back that she plans to stop by on Saturday.
Maybe she does feel a little guilty....

I have to admit I feel a little jealous of her. She seems to be fine with being selfish.  It doesn't really affect her as it would me.  

I hope that when after dad is gone, I don't start looking for someone else to care for!  I need to find a new mission that has nothing to do with diapers!

:o)

(dad is winking in photo)

File Attachment(s):
cute dad.jpg (157639 bytes)

MissHer
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 8:38 AM

Ha ha ha.. That is cute Ruth and did you put that cupie curl in your dad's hair!?
ruthmendez
Posted: Tuesday, April 21, 2020 11:03 AM

Hi Deb!  

No, I didn't curl it.  I usually leave him with a wild look after he's bathed.  But when the caregiver comes, she styles his hair like that. 

She's good with hair styling.  She knows how to smooth his hair and curl it nicely.  Even without hair products.  

She says that the nurse likes it too.  He's my baby.