RSS Feed Print
My vibes are the superior vibes.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 5:02 PM

Good vibes. I like good vibes. And I try to exude good vibes. And I’m drawn to people by their vibrations. Or in some cases, I’m repelled. By bad vibes. When I was an Alzheimer care-giver, I learned good vibes. In the presence of my dear wife Jeanne. During her 13-year sojourn with dementia.  Made all the difference in the world. Alzheimer patients pick up vibes. Good vibes. Bad vibes. Whichever ones are in the air. It’s phenomenal. I immersed Jeanne in good vibes. Consciously. Day in and day out. Even if I had to become an actor and fake the good vibes. Jeanne’s behavior changed dramatically. From the good vibes therapy. From belligerence to sweet and endearing. It was profound. Made me a better caregiver. Far better. I learned to enjoy care giving. My good vibes got rewarded. Daily. With the return of good vibes from Jeanne. Little wonder that I have continued to exude good vibes. With my friends and associates. With strangers. With everyone. Of course, I occasionally sink into bad vibes. If I’m tired. Or if I’m dealing with other people who exude bad vibes. So bad that maybe they overwhelm my good vibes. But then I rally myself. And I counter with super colossal good vibes. I prevail every time. My vibes are the superior vibes. –Jim
Sea Field
Posted: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 5:44 PM

Jim,

I'm all for super colossal good vibes!

I try very hard to keep my husband surrounded with 'good vibes'.  I gently tease him.  Make up goofy songs and sing them to him.  Tell him often throughout the day how important he is to me and how much I love him.  And I touch him a great deal.  Petting his head, kissing his face, hugging him.   

He is friendly, amiable, happy.  Is it related to the good vibes?  Maybe, who knows.  

I'm also aware of how very lucky I am he does not have ftd or one of the other incredibly challenging forms of dementia.  It is much easier to offer good vibes when not surrounded with violence or some of the other difficult behavoirs that some of the caregivers on this site have to deal with.   

And I am glad there are people like you who help spread good vibes.  The more the merrier.  Truly.

Cynthia