RSS Feed Print
Very Young Diagnosis...
YoginiAndy
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 12:29 PM

Namaste, everyone!

I am (now) 44 years old, but at the beginning of the year, I was diagnosed with "deteriorating cognitive function" which is just a PC way of saying I am in the early stages of Dementia.

My Dementia is blamed on a very serious head injury I suffered in High School (25 years ago) during a cheerleading stunt gone wrong.

I always knew the diagnosis was forthcoming and I managed to stay one step ahead for those 25 years. But now, time has caught up to me; but rather than give up and wait for the inevitable, I am embracing what I am to become, like an old friend who finally tracked me down.

I have my good days and my bad days, but I am grateful for each of them.

This post was edited by the ALZConnected Moderator on 7-18-13.

Lesley Jean
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:55 PM

I would love to hear more about meditation. Thank you, Lesley Jean
Myriam
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:08 PM

And Namaste to you!  I have been meditating for over 20 years and have found that it continues to help me keep grounded and in the present, though it is becoming a bit more difficult to concentrate.
YoginiAndy
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:51 AM

Namaste, Lesley and thanks for answering my post!  

It's so nice to meet you!

Please let me know if I can ever help you.

Have a beautiful day!

This post was edited by the ALZConnected Moderator on 7-18-13.

YoginiAndy
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 5:54 AM

Namaste, Myriam and thanks so much for responding to my post!

How lovely to hear that you meditate. 

It took me many years to master it, (I was never able to free my mind or concentrate enough) but now I can transport myself to any stress-free place I wish.

I burn incense and listen to the beautiful windchimes I have hanging in my meditation garden while I relax and it's always so refreshing.

Enjoy and maybe we can meditate together, sometime!

Namaste...

Myriam
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:30 PM

How wonderful you have a meditation garden!  I live in a city so don't have a garden, but there are wonderful public gardens I can drive to.