RSS Feed Print
International group ONLY for people living with dementia!
John50
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 12:23 PM

Hi, sorry, I haven't been on here in quite some time. I have been very busy with a new non-profit organization that began in January 2014. We had a booth at the ADI (Alzheimer's Disease International) Annual Conference in May 2014 in San Juan, Puerto Rico and gave many presentations at the conference. We seek to have all people with dementia join us, its free, as we support and advocate for people with dementia. As far as we know, there is not another group like us in existence. It is Dementia Alliance International. DAI for short. We started in January 2014. We are not there to duplicate or replace any other organization but merely represent the pure voice of people living with dementia as we are run by people living with dementia and membership is only open to people living with dementia.Please go to our organization site   http://www.dementiaallianceinternational.org/ , Click the membership tab at the top to join, its free! All information is kept completely confidential and NEVER shared with another organization. We want to hear from you if you live with dementia! Thanks for reading.

Myriam
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 3:23 PM

Hi, John. So glad to see you here again! Sounds like you've been very busy. I'm still very active with my chapter. Am jealous of your trip to Puerto Rico. I was born there and it's been decades since I've been back, but it's on my bucket list. 

In case you may not remember me, I was on the Early Stage Advisory Board with you. Would love it if you keep us informed about your work. It sound great! 

Myriam 

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 3:44 PM

Myriam wrote:

Hi, John. So glad to see you here again! Sounds like you've been very busy. I'm still very active with my chapter. Am jealous of your trip to Puerto Rico. I was born there and it's been decades since I've been back, but it's on my bucket list. 

In case you may not remember me, I was on the Early Stage Advisory Board with you. Would love it if you keep us informed about your work. It sound great! 

Myriam 

Are you sure about that Myriam. I think this may be a diffrent John, unless I am worse off then I thought.  

Myriam
Posted: Monday, August 18, 2014 4:03 PM

I may have it wrong, Michael, but I think he's John Baker who was on the Advisory Board. John is that you?
John50
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 2:07 PM

Myriam wrote:

Myriam 

Michael is correct, it is another John. While I interviewed once for the Early Stage Advisory Committee, I wasn't one of the chosen few, lol. I have been to the Forum 4 times however and have likely met you there. I was there in 2014 and in the room for people with dementia quite frequently.

Myriam
Posted: Tuesday, August 19, 2014 4:12 PM

Oh, okay. Yes, I was there this year and the last 2 years.