RSS Feed Print
Beautiful Song written/Song of My Mother by Opera singer/caregiver
daughterofmymother
Posted: Friday, October 3, 2014 8:05 PM

Please do note. The song  has been  recorded and will be posted on you tube and Alz sites the video will be montage of  caregivers with their  mothers Or grandmothers or daughters.    

So i am  seeking people that would like to  pay tribute to their mothers for the video.  IF you like i can  email you  the  song so you may of course approve first. I gave up my career as an actress and opera singer to care for my mother by myself  for 6 years hands on   I was counseled  by  nyc chapter for  years, without them i would have  lost my life due to the    trauma i  suffered daily. My mother was violent abusive and  i was  on the verge of a breakdown, lost  many teeth and developed post traumatic stress disorder. I had no help save the Alzheimers ass, as no aide or nurses would stay to help me care for my mother. Finally  on my last legs, The then counselor at the nyc  chapter gave me an ultimatum  an d i  finally had to place my mother to save my own life.She is now ,  well  cared for  in the nyc area. I have not been on th e boards. because  I am still recovering  both  emotionally and physically  even  though mother has been placed for three years now.I did write a book  detailing the hard core  caregiving  when you are sole caregiver.

kindly thankyou

sophia

dallesophia@hotmail.com

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, October 6, 2014 6:43 PM

Time to become an actress again, Sophia. By playing a role. Of Sophia getting on with life. Despite her travails. I see it as a challenging and demanding role. To play it effectively, you must feel what it’s like to fall in love – with life. Are you up to it?  --Jim

Over loaded
Posted: Tuesday, October 21, 2014 8:20 PM

I understand as I am about to embark on the same course as you have been on I would love to get a copy of your book.
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 11:19 AM

I’d like an update on your life, dear Sophia. Are things coming together? Life often changes. For the better. Time heals many, many wounds. It’s not too late for you to blossom. Again and again. --Jim