RSS Feed Print
Is it so?
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 2:02 AM

Several friends. Have been devastated. Over the years. By the loss of loved ones. And they've had trouble getting over it. Almost as if they are in a perpetual state of grief. I'm tempted to pose a question. Do they still  revere and love the sanctity of life? To the point of getting on with life. Joyfully.  Seems to me that life is the ultimate blessing. To be alive and conscious. And able to pursue happiness. Despite the setbacks/losses. Occasional or otherwise.  Makes me wonder. If there's so much to life -- that even when a dearly loved one dies, there's still something sacred to savor.  Perhaps a spiritual connection. That makes life wonderful and fulfilling. Tell me, dear grieving friends, is it so? --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 2:26 AM

Questions. Questions. I'm always asking questions. Seeking answers. So many questions go unanswered. Makes me wonder. If always. There will be far more questions. Than answers. Maybe that's good. Desirable. To go through life without all the answers. Then one must proceed on faith.  Or is it ignorance? I'm inclined to find a temporary or tentative answer. To everything. Following my instincts. In what seems like a natural flow of life.  Fearlessly. Always armed. With another question. --Jim
w/e
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 5:55 AM

I've been deeply grieving for almost a year. 

I am trying to learn to accept my grief. I am learning not listen to the echo of the chorus of well meaning good friends singing, "Get on with Life! Do something! The holidays are here!" I've told people to respect my need to grieve. In my opinion, to respect my grief is to accept me. To accept me is to respect my need for solitude. And my yearning for contemplation. And remembering. Yes. I am learning to have a fulfilling contemplative Life filled with Love in the midst of my Grief.

Grief is an integral part of Life. Grief and Life go hand in hand. The same way Life and Death follow each other. Because of grieving,  I am getting closer to a 'spiritual connection' with the meaning of Life.

Grieving is not about being/feeling down in the dumps. That is depression. Grieving is about becoming. Becoming one with Absence. If I don't learn to accept Absence, I will never learn to be satisfied. Yes. Life is about doing. Life is also about non-doing. Life is beautiful and fulfilling. Yes. And Life is also about darkness. The muddy dark waters of Life....

Deeply living + Deeply loving + Deeply grieving. 

I am not striving for 'paradise' either in earth or in heaven. In my opinion, the concepts of Faith in gods and Paradise are false hopes. Life is what it is.

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 11:27 AM

Congratulations, w/e. You are a true and pure lover. You are loving. Rather than grieving. It's a continuation of your love affair. You don't want to let go. Good for you. Splendid. You are loving. As deeply and intimately and soulfully as ever. You are getting sustenance. From all this loving.  Loving is far better than grieving.  You are truly smitten. With your beloved. In life and death. Always will be. I am happy/joyful for you.   --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 3:33 PM

Another thing, w/e. Life is what one makes of it. I chose my interpretation of my life. Life can be looked at/perceived in many ways. I choose to be a romantic idealist. And therefore, I interpret life accordingly. As a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover, a dreamer. Others may choose to look at me differently. That doesn't matter. Because I know me. They don't.  I define myself. Much as you do. With your self.  However, I may see you a little differently than you see you.  Perhaps I give you higher ratings than you give you.  In  my opinion, you underrate yourself.  You are a lover. Not a griever. You are getting on with your life. Wonderfully. As a genuine lover. Once again, congratulations. --Jim
w/e
Posted: Saturday, December 13, 2014 9:54 PM

You have given me lots to think about. 

I believe I am beginning to comprehend (a little bit) the distinctions and the connections that you are making. Alleluia! 

I said to friends earlier this evening that I was falling in love with my immortal beloved all over again. They had a puzzled look ...When I elaborated, in order to continue to share with them the depth of my emotions, I did not feel an ounce of grief! I had an overwhelming feeling of joy while talking. I told them that I felt like a young lover everyday. Especially during those moments when I dance for my beloved in front his photo. 

I think that sense of infinite love distinct from grief is what you are trying to bring to my attention. I am not grieving ... I am actively loving...  I thought that my longing was grieving. I was mistaken. My longing is loving. My tears are not tears of grief. They are an expression of enduring love.

Winter Solstice is just around the corner. I will be celebrating.

Enjoy sunny Sardinia and keep describing your adventures in the village.

Dance. Dance with your beloved.

Thanks, wise old lad.

ANNIE SOMEFUN
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 5:45 PM

www.flowmustgo.com

Sometimes it's nice to see things from a different perspective!

Much love and hope on keeping optimistic and spreading love!

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 9:42 PM

You've never fallen out of love, w/e. Of course, I'm looking in. From outside. But that's what I see. Step back a little. Look. You'll see more clearly.--Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 9:52 PM

Another question, w/e. What does your beloved want for you? --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 15, 2014 10:01 PM

Also, you might ask: What does he want from you? --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 4:30 AM

I like to ponder. And wander and wonder. Where I've been. And where I am. Now. Reminds me. That I'm on a journey. The final destination doesn't matter. Because I'm going. With the natural flow. Meeting people along the way. Some come. Some go. But always, it seems. I love. And am loved. Can't ask for more than that. That's enough. For peace and tranquility. --Jim