RSS Feed Print
Deciding not to seek medical tests/procuders since Dx of EOAD
Lisa Ramey
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 4:24 PM

Hey all,
I have decided not to have any replacement procedures since my Dx. I say what is the point. I need. Double knee and hip replacement. I also need TX for psoriatic arthritis but what's the point? I have decided palliative care is the best way to proceed.
Why put myself and husband through when I am gonna loose my mind anyway.
The surgery and drugs for psoriatic arthritis each bring their own Demons to the table if you will.
Anyone else feel this way?
Lisa Ramey

Mimi S.
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 4:29 PM

Lisa,
You have thought about you decision and hopefully discussed it with your husband

You indeed have multiple problems you are dealing with.

I respect your decision and hopefully all others on this board will do likewise.

We hope you will continue to post.

Lisa Ramey
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 8:03 PM

Mimi,
Hubby is behind me 100%.
He sees my point. Sometimes treating the disease is worse than the disease itself. Aricept has a ride in an of itself. No more rides for now. I choose comfort,love and to go as is meant to be.
We do have tentative day trips planned. I am working on my bucket list of places to see while I can appreciate them.
Lisa Ramey

Mimi S.
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 9:01 PM

Good for you!
eaglemom
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 8:39 AM

Lisa it sounds as though you've thought this through completely. I totally respect that. And further more that you are continuing on with your bucket list is wonderful.

You go girl.

eagle

Jo C.
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:41 AM

Dear Lisa, this is something you obviously have thought very carefully about and have made the very best decision for yourself. It is then, all good.

I send very best wishes to a very bright lady who has the courage of her convictions and thinks not only of herself, but of others. Your light shines very brightly.

J.

wwkayaker
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 7:48 PM

Lisa I feel much the same way. I usually average one hospital stay a year because of heart issues but not looking for any elective surgery. If pain becomes intolerable this decision may change but I need hips and a new shoulder.