RSS Feed Print
I'm back!!!!!
Lisa428
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2015 6:18 PM

I don't know if any of you will remember me. I have been on these boards for about 7-8 years. The last few months I have been caring for my Dad who has had his second stroke. I have been unable to do both.

I was diagnosed @ 53,54 with EOAD now called YOAD. I have been on AD meds and also participated in one drug study that failed and NOW I'm on a drug study extension that seems to be working!

I wanted to apologize for my absence. I don't spell and type very well anymore but I'm here. I'm here to help in anyway I can.

Also, I was a care giver to my Mom who died 4 years ago.

I was an RN but unfortunately I had to give that life up. I had to give a lot of things. Driving, working, some freedoms because of my illness.

I am still here!! It's so amazing!! I didn't give up! I hope I can continue to be of assistance and receive some assistance from some of you WONDERFUL people.

Peace & Hope,

Lisa

Lisa Ramey
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2015 7:14 PM

Welcome Back, Lisa
Don't you just love our name? I have seen your post some . You seem so energetic. I need that energy
I am 50 I was diagnosed at 49. Some days I feel normal then boom dumb as dirt. I get aggravated with myself.
I look forward to reading your post on my little BlackBerry, that is all I can read now no computer, pads or tablets just my little phone. Anything else is to much including paper you know 8 1/2 by 11. So glad you are here
Lisa Ramey

Mimi S.
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2015 7:24 PM

Oh Lisa,
Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful news.

For those who want to see Lisa and her mom, ask your librarian for a copy of: Maria Shriver's A Woman's Nation Takes on Alzheimer's. Pictures of her and her mom are scattered throughout, but my favorite is the double spread center fold.

Welcome back. You have been missed!!!!

Jo C.
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 9:13 AM

Lisa 428 - Welcome back! Happy, happy, joy, joy!! You have been missed so much. We are so fortunate to have you return.

I am glad to hear the new study med is bringing good results, that is a definite blessing to be sure.

I will be looking for you on the Forums and smiling when I see your name.

Consider yourself hugged,

J.

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 10:00 AM

Yea!!!

alz+
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 9:14 PM

God bless nurses! So glad you were able to post here today.

Look forward to your posts. Sorry your Dad had another stroke, I am sure he loves having your healing attention though.

want to learn about your current trial and how it works - if you are allowed to discuss it.

Paul Hornback
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:04 PM

Lisa428, welcome back to the boards. Yes we (I) do remember you and your posts. It is so good to have you back with us. Hope to see more of your encouraging posts as we all battle together against all odds!

Thanks again for returning and bringing us new hope to forge ahead.

God bless, Paul

Lisa428
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 9:42 PM

Thank you all for the wonderful welcome backs and the love and support. I've missed everyone.

Lisa, Hang in there! We all have good days and bad days.

As for my drug study, I am testing a new drug Crenezumab. I receive it in an infusion. So far, no pill form has been developed. I did, however, speak with the pharmacist who mixes the drug on site. He says they (drug company) are working towards pill form now. Hopefully, it will be available in the near future. It's exciting!!

Peace and Hope,

Lisa

llee08032
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 6:21 AM

Welcome back Lisa. Good luck with your trial!
Lisa428
Posted: Wednesday, June 17, 2015 10:10 PM

Thanks llee. Please keep hanging in there!