RSS Feed Print
Getting over displeasure.
Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, December 9, 2015 6:31 AM

Doing as I please. That’s my practice. Most of the time.  That makes me feel free. And pleased. Of course, I do things. To please other people, too. But not always. That’s the peril. When one speaks his mind. So difficult. Always having pleasing things to say. Several friends are addicted people pleasers. Never giving up their pleasing ways. They even try to please me. When it’s totally unnecessary. That momentarily displeases me. But still, I get over it. And that pleases me. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, May 23, 2016 10:16 AM

Yes. When it comes down to it. I’m easily pleased. Because I find it impossible. To remain displeased. Of course, a fair number of people are displeased with me. But that poses a challenge. For me. To discover the source of their displeasure. Often, I do something about it. Other times I don’t. Better to get on with life. Rather than fret about it. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, October 29, 2016 11:51 PM

There's  nothing worse. Than fretting over stuff that's beyond my control.  But still, I occasionally fret. Needlessly. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2016 10:54 AM

I wonder. If any of you have a solution/cure for the insatiable habit of fretting. Really, it’s a nasty habit. Generally, a waste of time. The world would be a better and happier place.  If we stopped fretting. Over virtually everything. --Jim

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Sunday, November 20, 2016 11:31 PM

I have a solution, but it will sound too  easy.....  I use the Bible where it says that the birds do not worry about what they need to eat or wear, ...How much more does God love those he created to worship Him.        Any worry, I ask God to take it and give me the grace to endure it until I am shown the way to fix it or He will....

Example:  Energy Bill    $ 444   I asked him to help me fix it....Called about Smart Hours. second month was 239$    .  Octobers bill was 65$     .  Try my way, then you will see!