RSS Feed Print
My endearing illusion.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, March 1, 2016 10:59 AM

The nicest thing. About being a writer. I can choose. To write about anything. The same goes about thinking. I’m free. To think about anything. Maybe I can’t always do what I want to do. But so far, I’ve been able to write and think. As if I’m a free man. Of course, maybe I’m not totally free. But it’s close enough. For me to have the endearing illusion. That I’m a free-thinker. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, March 9, 2016 1:12 PM

There are all sorts of freedoms. But the best one of all. Is to be free in spirit. One could even be imprisoned. Physically locked up. But it’s most important. To keep one's spirit free.  No matter the circumstances. Of course, I know people who have lost their spirit. That’s almost as bad as being deprived of life. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 2:49 AM

If I’m down and out. Grieving. Lamenting. Despairing. No reason to panic. After all, I’m always saved. By my spirit. My gut. My self-confidence. That’s the way it’s been. For 80 years. That’s the wonderful part about life. There’s a path. To something better. A blessing. That’s the way I perceive it. As an optimist. A Pollyanna. Perhaps it's an indomitable spirit. That I've been cultivating. Yes, I'm a believer. In the goodness of life. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, March 10, 2016 10:41 PM

Sure, I occasionally worry and fret. About stuff. But never. At the end of the day. When I go to bed. My mind is clear. And upbeat. Because I feel good. About myself. If I’ve made blunders, it doesn’t matter. Because I’ve forgiven myself.  And chalked up my mistakes as learning experiences. Most nights. I fall asleep. Smiling. Happy. Contented. Not unusual. For me. To wake in the middle of the night. Feeling rested.  So I get up. And do things. Such as writing. About the thrill.  Of being alive and conscious. And in love. That’s all it takes. For me to feel good. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2016 10:59 AM

Doesn’t surprise me. That I want to live forever. Sure, there are bad moments in life. In everyone’s life. And maybe if I were ill and destitute and oppressed, my optimistic outlook would be more pessimistic. But still, I might find a way to have a good and productive and fulfilling life. By being a rebel. A revolutionary. Out to bring about change. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, April 21, 2016 5:13 AM

There’s something far better than being a rebel. Yes, I’d rather be a lover than a rebel. Though come to think of it, falling in love may be a form of rebellion. Against a humdrum life. It’s a way of getting revved  up.  To feel alive. And spontaneous. To have a pulse beat. To be at one with the cosmos.  --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, April 23, 2016 10:19 AM

One nice thing. About being alive and conscious. It’s never too late. To express what’s on my mind.  I can merely sit down. And write about it.  Now. Do it. Do it. Do it. That’s one of my favorite mantras.  --Jim