RSS Feed Print
Maybe even a gadfly.
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, May 8, 2016 4:09 PM

Oh, so many things I could do. To make me happy. Becoming a fulltime gardener, for instance. Or a monk holed up in a monastery. Or an athlete playing baseball for a living. Of course, I lack the talents to achieve many dreams. But at least, I have the know-how and savvy to become a gardener. Which I pursue now. Part-time.  As far as athletic activity, I limit myself to walking. Ten miles a day. As for being a monk, I’d be kicked out of the monastery. For being a troublemaker. So I’ll merely continue being me. A romantic idealist. A spiritual free-thinker.  A political liberal. A lover. A dreamer. A writer. Maybe even a gadfly. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 5:13 AM

Being silly. Yes, a very important part of life. Silliness. Puts me in a good mood. Every time.  Gets me to loosen up. Sometimes my friends tell me I’m being too silly. They wish I’d be more serious. More somber. But little do they know. That makes me even more silly. I can’t help myself. I practice my stand-up comic shtick.  By making a fool of myself. I love it. When I’m taken for a court jester. I’m shopping. For a silly hat. With tiny bells. That jingle.  Might even wear it. To a wake. To a funeral. A way to compliment the deceased.  With laughter. Rather than tears. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, October 30, 2016 12:03 AM

When I become too serious. I take a close look at myself. And start to laugh. Because I’m  very, very funny. When I am most serious. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, October 31, 2016 10:17 AM

I suspect that many people are reluctant to share their inner thoughts.  Not me. That’s what written musings are all about. To be shared. In many instances. Not merely with one’s self. But with friends and acquaintances. And strangers, too. It’s a way of getting to know one’s self. And others, too.  It’s a way to connect. True friends. Learn to open up to each other. Oh, it's all right to be reclusive, too. If that makes one feel comfortable.  On the other hand, sharing one’s self has benefits. It helps to draw out my friends. Makes them more open. More truthful. Yes,  maybe even more daring. I learn significant stuff about just-met strangers. In the first 10 minutes. Because I’m curious.  I want others to be curious, too. Often, it’s a sign that they are in love. With life. My kind of people. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, November 17, 2016 7:32 AM

Curiosity did not kill the cat. Instead, that's why the cat lived a good and fruitful life. My favorite animal is the curious cat. --Jim