RSS Feed Print
Where one draws the line.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, May 10, 2016 12:29 PM

One’s mental state. Is so important. I suspect that many people around me. Are  mentally ill. Disturbed. To some degree. Sure, they may be reasonably functional. They get by. But they are unhappy. Ill at ease. In a perfect world, they’d be deemed mentally ill. But it ain’t a perfect world. And who’s to say? Who’s mentally ill? And who isn’t? Funny thing. I judge people by my standard. In comparison to my kind of craziness. . And I get away with it. I may be zany. And eccentric. That’s allowed. Because I’m sort of a good crazy. Yes, that may be open to dispute. Thing is. I’m not harmful. To myself. Or others. Guess that’s where one draws the line. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, May 11, 2016 10:48 PM

Don’t know if I like to draw lines. It’s like saying, this line should not be crossed. I don’t necessarily obey other people’s lines. Therefore, others should have the opportunity to cross my lines. I need to draw flexible lines. That bend. For the sake of accommodation and compromise.  --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, October 26, 2016 9:48 AM

Accommodation and compromise. Is that too much to expect from our politicians? Finding ways to get along with each other. Listening. Listening. In a respectful manner. Love. Love. Instead of hate. That's what I want. New and decent rules. In the political realm. The same rules that I live by. When I retreat. Into my cocoon. Where  I have learned. The fine art of living with one's self.  Knowing that I cannot control the behavior of others. -- Jim