RSS Feed Print
A fantastic life.
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, October 10, 2016 11:25 PM

Fantastic. Fantastic. That’s what I have to say about life. It’s fantastic. Sure, there have been disappointments. Sadness. Regrets.  But overall, I’m compelled to give a fantastic rating to life. I’d not want to trade it for anything. Other than for something even more fantastic. And I have no idea what that might be. Therefore, I’ll settle for what I have. A fantastic life. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:39 AM

Sometimes I forget. About the fantastic nature of life. Taking life too matter-of-factly.  For granted. Rather than capturing and savoring  the precious moments. That occur almost daily. Instead, I’m focused on the humdrum. The routine.  As if there was nothing special happening. When really, conscious life is special. An opportunity to feel blessed. To take control of one’s life. In meaningful ways. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, October 11, 2016 1:54 AM

Here’s the problem. I too often want to dictate the course of my life.  When really, I have to learn to adjust. And to accept fate. So very much of life is beyond my control. The events that happen around me. And in the world. Daily. I have to find ways to make the best of difficult situations. It would be nice if life flowed smoothly. And often enough, it does. But when it doesn’t, I spend too much time lamenting. --Jim