RSS Feed Print
A divided world.
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2016 5:02 AM

I’m affected. By what’s happening around me. By daily events. By my encounters with all sorts of people. Friends and foes. Yes, foes. People who cause me consternation. That I lovingly and jokingly call foes. Or opponents. Because they may rub me the wrong way. Probably my fault. More than theirs.  Of course, I try to make friends with my foes. Because that’s the right thing to do. But I don’t require everyone to be my friend. Acquaintanceship often suffices.  And yes, some people don’t want to be my friend. That’s their choice. I believe in choices. That’s the way I would design the world. Freedom of choice. For everyone. Though that may be troublesome. With one person’s choice infringing on another’s. Maybe that’s why many of us have quite a blend of friends and foes. Yes, we live in a divided world. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 5, 2016 5:30 AM

I wonder what it is that brings some of us together.  Could be love. Our saving grace. --Jim
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, December 12, 2016 3:57 AM

Sometimes, it feels like I am on neither side of the divide.  I'd rather not choose up sides. Makes me wonder if I'm above or below it all. Living in another world. --Jim