RSS Feed Print
Good day-Bad day
grandmalynda
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 11:18 AM

Merry Christmas to all!  I had such a great day yesterday.  I went out shoppinng for my husband with my daughter-in-law and my granddaughter.  First time I've been out without my husband in ???  I felt great and did really well.  Well as often happens the next day I 'm not having a very good day today.  Feeling very frustrated.  We 're having a gathering tomorrow night and I have so much to do.  My son and his family live with and as usual no one wants to pitch in. My husband is working a half day and will help out this afternoon and tomorrow.

I am just feeling a lot of confusion and frustation today and guess I just needed to vent.  I made a list of things I need to get done and will just cross them off as I get them done.  Guess I just wish that the family would be more understanding and cooperative.  Well time to get on with my day.  Thanks for listening. 

--Lynda

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 2:24 PM

I have learned to pace myself.  If I have a busy day scheduled, I try to keep the preceding day quiet, so that I will have energy.  Also, I plan to rest the next day after a day of activity.

It's okay to accommodate your illness, even if no one else does.

Iris L.

The_Sun_Still_Rises
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 8:53 PM

Going out stress and exhaust us...no matter how well we did when out.  It can take a few days recover. 

Like you, I busy also with holidays...and I have push self forward - but...but some things can no be forced, and the more I force myself do (in times like this) the less productive I end up being.

I find DOWNTIME work real well re-charge me, keep go.  I try recharge with opposite.  Example, stores loud, busy, many people talk....so QUIET time me, alone, no movement - helps.  It used take me some hours this recharge....but with a years practice, I now can recharge fair quickly with a little of it.

Dementia (another of its gifts) will forcibly teach you be patient you self.  Resistance is futile...one way or another, one with dementia become patient themselves. 

Hopefully tomorrow be a better day you. 

<3