RSS Feed Print
Gabapentin in the treatment of dementia and behavioral disturbance.
julielarson
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 3:09 PM

I have been reading a blog by a guy named Lee who has bvFTD and he has some interesting things that he talks about on there.. I came across this today and so I thought I would post it here if anyone is interested. It was a study done on people who were aggressive toward others in the hospital and how gabapentin helped them. I am on gabapentin for an unrelated condition.  

http://primarypsychiatry.com/gabapentin and behavioral disturbance/

gardennut
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 4:51 PM

I am on Gabapentin , interesting article..I was put on Gabapentin about a year ago ,...when I knew something was going on with me, but just didn't know what....legs would go half-way down at times while walking...
julielarson
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 4:58 PM

Yeah I can relate to that. for me it was legs feeling weak and struggling to stand.
BlueSkies
Posted: Friday, December 23, 2016 9:40 PM

I have episodes of that also.  Legs weak and struggling to stand.  Thought I was going crazy because it comes and goes.  Now I have a foot that is numb and doesn't want to work half the time.  Such crazy symptoms!  Thanks for the posting and link Julie.
llee08032
Posted: Saturday, December 24, 2016 10:55 AM

It never ceases to amaze me  how so many symptoms we have are all related to the impairment in our brains. But why would I be amazed when I know at some level that everything is controlled by the brain? Perhaps it is still setting in just how many things can go wrong when the brain is involved? 

I have leg weakness, misstepping, balance issues and legs just giving out.