RSS Feed Print
Just doesn't feel right
chrisp1653
Posted: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:48 PM

I don't know about anyone else who reads these musings, but I like Jim Broede. I know I don't always agree with him, and sometime I absolutely disagree with him. But, agree or not, ( and often I do ), I take it as a matter of nature that he will post here.

So here it is, Wednesday, and his last posting was Monday. For me , that kind of shakes up the day. I mean, the sun may be shining, and spring may be in the air, but where is Jim ?

It just ain't right, ya know ?

Chris

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Thursday, March 23, 2017 11:42 AM

I was wondering the same.    I was hoping he got to go on a little trip to visit his amore!
sharon11daugherty
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 10:50 AM

He is bbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!

Left Carotid Surgery.

chrisp1653
Posted: Friday, March 24, 2017 1:02 PM

Yeah. Such a simple thing.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, March 28, 2017 6:59 AM

Another thing I like about both of you, Chris and Sharon. You're funny. And you know how to laugh. Even at yourselves. And I like it. When you laugh at me. Yes, both of you are very laughable. You know when to not take yourselves too seriously. You are balanced and decent human beings. And you know how to take me. You have high degrees of tolerance. For others. You are natural born optimists. In love with life. Take these observations as compliments. But don't let it go to your heads. Stay humble. --Jim
BlueSkies
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 2:21 PM

Jim, 

I love the way you gave compliments and then added, but don't let them go to your head.  

Cute.  

I do like your sense of humor.  

chrisp1653
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 3:45 PM

Blue Skies, Jim uses that technique to throw me off balance. And, I am such a sucker, that it works every time. I think he has eyes in the back of his head and sees me coming.

Occasionally I'll try to sneak in and hit him amidships, but it never works. You just gotta love the guy !

I think.

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Wednesday, March 29, 2017 9:27 PM

I have been on restriction, reading but had to not write....so hard for me. LO sabotaged my third means of communication. He spilled ginger ale on it. He is so tender, but jealous of anything that gets my attention. "Can't you just sit there and watch me sleep?" X18 hours... I told him if the tables were turned, he would not do it.  

Best Buy took care of me. Early Christmas gift...wait. let's make it a late one, then I could  get more in December! 

Humble I am. My mom raised us all the same and yet as a middle child, I came out always thinking of others more than myself. Financially it is so easy to be generous with others. While, getting the new pad was a week to decide if I "really needed it". It seems like my wants are not registered in my brain as " necessary". We were so poor, as my mom raised 3 of us on just her clerk salary. I don't know how much that has to do wit it. My LO  has always been very generous with us.

Jim I hope your recovery is as good as mine. Give it about 8 weeks. I am still a little numb under my chin.   Blessings, sharon

chrisp1653
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 12:37 PM

Nadine, I wonder if you are experiencing the perceptual difference between the way we see ourselves and the way God sees us.

You see plodding feet. God sees a sprinter. You see the roadblocks and dead ends. God sees you, the marathon runner. You say you did not see the Baltimore Oriole, but in fact, there he was just as you described, because you did see him.

Maybe one more thing that you are not seeing is that you are absolutely what your screen name here says. Sunshine. You have, as much as anyone, been that ray of sunshine exactly when it was needed for someone else on that marathon. The running seems endless, but it's the hearts and souls of all the runners that pulls the race along.

Well. I have just run out of words. So what I'll do now is add you to my prayer list. You know, I finally think I have figured out a way to " pray unceasingly "; I make my list longer and longer. It's working.

You strengthen me when you post. So do most of the others. Occasionally there is a downturn, but my path is a long one, and always I end up back on it and moving forward.

Thanks for helping me  ( and all the others ) as we struggle along.

Chris

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, March 30, 2017 7:49 PM

I like the way you struggle, Chris. With pizzazz.  Keep struggling. It's good for you. --Jim
BlueSkies
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 11:56 AM

Sharon, so glad you are getting your communication back.  You need that.  It is essential you are able to connect with others.  Souls touching to ease the pain of being here and going through our trials.  It is what keeps us going, besides of course Gods holding hand.

Nadine, I too love your name with Sunshine in it.  Reminds me of Sun still Rises.  I do miss her wonderful and insightful posts.  Still hard to believe she is gone.  I think you are a lot like her.  A very caring tender soul.  I read your posts often and always learn from them.  I love what Chris said to you.  It's true because I was thinking the same thing before I even read his post.  You "did" see those things and they my dear friend is what keeps this life so enjoyable.  The small beautiful things that God gave us to enjoy.  That's what I focus on every day.  I do not miss a day without a back yard romp with my dogs, cat and the beautiful sights and sounds of nature.  It is my time with God and his gifts.  I also think that God see's his little warrior angel for good in you.  You must see that in yourself too.  Look harder.  I see it.  Don't you? 

Chris, you are so insightful and I so enjoy your posts.  I am sure God is so happy to have you on his team.  You are amazing and bring joy into the many lives you touch.  You have already touched mine and I thank you.

Jim, I will not leave you out, lol.  I have read many of your postings here on Musings.  I love the way you write and see such a beautiful soul reaching out in you.  You have given, encouragement, love, hope and calm to many I am sure without even knowing it.  You have touched me many times with your Musings.  Please never stop and thank you so much.  Oh yes, good luck in your recovery.  I am sure you will be feeling your usual self in no time.

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 12:04 PM

What happened to Sun also rises?  

I, too, am held up every day by God's Grace. Without our constant conversation 24/7. None of this would make any sense.  

Blessings, sharon

BlueSkies
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 12:14 PM

Sharon, I'm sorry to say, The_Sun_Still_Rises, has passed on.  She is no longer with us.  She was a friend of mine off the boards as well and it is a difficult thing for me to process still.
dayofhope
Posted: Friday, March 31, 2017 12:55 PM

Within the lyrics of a favorite song is this:

I need your grace to find my own.

It is my delight to know you all, for there is no Light without Darkness.

Be still and know.............

Tanya

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 8:54 PM

It seems that the order of this forum is messed up. I have reported it,