RSS Feed Print
A tidal wave of love.
Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 2:25 PM

Consensus. That’s what I’m for. Divided political factions.  Getting together. To work things out. By consensus.  Yes, Democrats and Republicans. Liberals and conservatives. Learning to respect each other. Enough. To achieve peace and harmony. And to solve problems. For the good of the country. Rather than for the good of a particular political party. Yes, let the commonweal prevail. That’s the spirit I want to see.  More cooperation.  Less political bickering. Let’s pretend we’re friends. Rather than enemies. Maybe we’ll start believing in each other.  Now I see a divided nation. It makes no sense. It could lead to a civil war. In which both sides become losers. By destroying each other. Give me a dose of sanity. And goodwill. That’s what I have now. In my individual, one-on-one relationships. I have no enemies. Only friends. Ever since I adopted the credo to love my enemies. That’s all it took. Love. Love. And more love. I am awash with love. Swept away in a tidal wave of love. --Jim
BlueSkies
Posted: Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:33 PM

That was your key Jim.  

Love your enemies.

In fact, that's the key for all of us.  

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 9:51 AM

It would be nice. If everyone shared their innermost thoughts. Complete and total honesty. Venturing naked into the world. Of course, that would be scary. Courageous, too. It will never happen. --Jim
BlueSkies
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 10:10 AM

For you Jim:

Like a tidal wave, the love came and crashed

And with every wave there seem to come another

Until my heart grew big and began to flutter

And like a bird who spreads it's wings and soars

My heart took off on the wings of amor

obrien4j
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 11:04 AM

WowBlue, you gotta do something about this talent of yours. Do compile all of these poems so that someday someone shares them with the rest of the world.
MPSunshine
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:06 PM

Blue, you're killing me. Keep going!
chrisp1653
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 1:10 PM

I'm still waiting for her book, obrien4j. And , of course, my signed copy. Not a free copy, you understand, since I believe she should have all her publishing royalties. So I'll be more than happy to buy one ( or 2 ) . But I do want 'em signed.

" To Chris. All the best, from BlueSkies. "  Maybe I should get 3. Or even 4. They'll be collectors pieces one day, you know.

Chris

BlueSkies
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 6:16 PM

lol, you guys are "killing me". 
chrisp1653
Posted: Tuesday, May 9, 2017 7:18 PM

If we are, the it's " killing you softly, with your own song . "
sharon11daugherty
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 8:55 PM

Blue skies : is it too personal to ask you about ttc your life? Joys and triumphs,  the events that made you who you are . Your words are profound and capture the depth of life.
chrisp1653
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 10:45 PM

Sharon, I'm pretty sure I second your motion for BlueSkies to put it all down for us. Her words are always so well thought out, and powerful. Plus, I know her story would be an inspiration for us all. The reason I say, " pretty sure, " is because all I know about ttc is "trying to conceive."  But I confess that most text speak goes right over my head.
BlueSkies
Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 11:16 PM

My trials were: abuse by people I trusted and loved, by strangers and by the people whose care I ended up in.   I survived a lot and I overcame a lot.   First time ever experiencing happiness was when I married at 22 and had my children, then he walked out on me 10 years later.  I was still in love and devastated.  I survived that too. 

My triumphs are: my enduring faith, my ability to still see good and love in the world despite my experiences, my ability to make something of myself (get a degree and a career), the birth of my two beautiful angels and finding my third Angel that actually I believe God sent to me (my second husband).  

My joys are: being with God, my family, my pets and all animals and nature itself.  

That's pretty much me in a nutshell.

I think what shaped me the most were my trials.  It made me stronger and more appreciative of what I have.  

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2017 1:58 PM

Thanks for sharing.  I love hearing the stories of the lives of people that have depth.  I am convinced that what we suffer, for me neglect and molestation, it only draws me closer to the God that showed me his grace and mercy. The trials that we face allow us to forgive the unforgivable and use His discernment in the future. To see the unfolding of our lives is amazing. While my desire for all is Joy and happiness...no sin, no pain, I can appreciate so much more through the glasses that I have had to wear the overwhelming peace of forgiveness of what "I didn't think I deserved"

As for the "ttc"  it was a typing error!  My pad gets excited easily! 

Blessings, sharon

BlueSkies
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2017 2:17 PM

It is strange isn't it Sharon, that the more we suffer, the closer we get to God.  Most believe it should be the opposite.  I think that the fact that we usually do get closer to God when we suffer is a good example of how little we know of what is just and what is unjust.  I think that must be why God said that it is not for us to judge because we just can't see the whole picture so we aren't in any position to do any judging.

I sometimes think an easy life is over rated, lol. 

We were expected to have "trials and tribulations", right?

Happy to hear you overcame and are closer to God also.  I knew you were a soul sister.  

sharon11daugherty
Posted: Thursday, May 11, 2017 5:47 PM

2 Corinthians 4:16-17

Do no lose heart though outwardly  we are wasting away yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. Our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

On my bathroom mirror I have written " light and momentary".

Daily I am reminded by this living word that my circumstances are just 

"Light and momentary".  As I also remind myself WHO'S  I am.  

This is where my joy comes from, I wish I could make everyone

try it!        Blessings, sharon

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, May 14, 2017 4:47 AM

I am honored. And blessed, Blue Skies . That you would single me out. As the direct recipient of your meaningful words.  From a true poet. A seeker of the truth. Wow! You dare walk naked into this world. Sharing yourself. Nothing to hide. Truly savoring life.  Capturing  the force. That makes one alive.  And functional. In love. Keep going. Keep doing. Please. Forever. And beyond. Yes, everything is possible. And you know it. --Jim

BlueSkies
Posted: Sunday, May 14, 2017 3:54 PM

Jim, your words were a lovely gift to find on here today.  Thank you.