RSS Feed Print
Oh, well, I can't even do this right
BillBRNC
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 10:45 AM

I found this Board because BlueSkies mentioned it on the Early Onset Board. I didn't know this Board existed. I just tried posting two things I posted on the Early Onset Board, but I messed it up real bad, so I deleted it. One is about my going to a CCRC, and the other was a reply to BlueSkies comments about what it is like to get closer to the finish line. I'm just bummed these days, so I don't care to try to do this again, but I tell you where to look if you interested. Good luck to us all.
chrisp1653
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 11:59 AM

Thank goodness that there is no " right " here on this site. Just people sharing their concerns, questions, and experiences. I just finished reading your comments up in Early Onset, and you seemed right on the mark to me. Since I am a caregiver, I depend heavily on writings from people like you, and BlueSkies to help me understand a little bit more about what is happening to others and to my Barbara.

You did good, my friend. Really good.

Thanks,

Chris

MPSunshine
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:56 PM

Hi, Bill, Welcome to the underground. Whoops, I meant "Musings." I read your passages on Younger Onset as well and to me it seems like you are thoughtfully and carefully planning. Sorry you feel like you messed up and that you are bummed these days. Happens to the best of us. That's why we're here, to hold each other up and get through the tough times, whether we are a person who has a diagnosis, or a person who is caring for another, or just if at the moment things seem like they are rough going. The good thing is that it is all temporary. Even if tapping the keys helps you to feel better, more connected, with others, then that is a good thing. And every single person here has a lot of good going for them. Take care.
Eileen72
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 4:15 PM

Dear Bill ,  I looked for blue skies on the other board and hoped I would find her here.  What good fortune, I found you on both.  I have to second what Chris said.  Your postings are very important to me because my DH has dementia and you and blue skies are my windows into his world.  I am so sorry you have this dreaded disease.  But I am grateful for your insightful postings.  I cannot begin to tell you how much it has helped my relationship with Gerry.  Thank you, thank you, thank you.......

Eileen

Sayra
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 7:48 PM

That is why we are all here.  We definitely all need each other.  Take Care Sara

BlueSkies
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2017 11:02 PM

Welcome Bill.  I'm so glad you found your way here. 

A nice warm friendly group here, isn't it.  Everyone is always so welcoming.

Thanks Bill for your response on the EO board.  Was nice of you to speak up for me.  I was beginning to think I was suffering from delusions since no one else was supporting me, but you understood how I felt, so I am sure two people wouldn't have the same delusion, right, lol.  

In any case, thank you for your brave post on EO.  It was much appreciated.

I hope you will come here often Bill.  As you can tell, so do many others.  

Lots of love to you my friend, 

BlueSkies

Sayra
Posted: Friday, August 11, 2017 9:51 AM

Always enjoy your posts Bill.  Know you are going through a lot of changes.  Hope you are blessed to find a little peace today.

Sara

llee08032
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 10:34 AM

Bill,

How nice to find you here! Underground. I like that Sunshine!

BillBRNC
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 11:01 AM

llee, yes, I needed a break from the Med Diet. I know it is healthy and all that, and I try to eat healthy, but I sometimes get tired of hearing how it cures dementia, because it doesn't. I'm glad you are here too. Bill.
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2017 12:53 PM

It certainly does not cure dementia. Chocolate???.....
BlueSkies
Posted: Sunday, August 13, 2017 11:54 AM

No, diet does not cure dementia.  That insinuation does annoy me when constantly brought up.  But it does help, that I know.  I do, do best practices, but I also like my treats now and then and since I am losing so much weight I am having to eat high calorie foods and treats.  Chocolate...yes, it will definitely help, lol.  Ice cream is a wonderful feel good treat for me too!