RSS Feed Print
Taking Vacations
Curtis010884
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 6:46 PM

I cancelled the trip that we take every summer. We would pull the travel trailer north of Atlanta to Lake Lanier and stay in the corps of Engineer parks at Buford Dam. Curtis was a truck driver so he did all the driving. So now I have to learn to pull the trailer or sell it. I didn't want my first time pulling the trailer to be a 10 hour trip. I also was a little worried about traveling alone with him and two dogs that go as well.

Couple of months ago I made the mistake of not walking with him to the bathroom in the back of Walmart. I found him walking around the front of the store looking a little lost. So that really scared me about rest areas if he came out and went the wrong way or someone talked him into taking a ride. Unfortunately we have to watch out for people who will take advantage of others confusion. So we short hop around town or to my moms. I try to take him for rides several days a week to get him out. Not sure what else to I can do.

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, August 21, 2017 7:48 PM

OH, I do think that was a good decision. Maybe a short weekend car trip?
chrisp1653
Posted: Tuesday, August 22, 2017 1:10 AM

I'm not sugggesting that this is a good idea, but your post reminded me of a thing my mom told me a few years ago. She said that when I was little, and we went to the beach, my dad would tie a string to me , ( I have no idea where on me , ) and tie the other end to his big toe.

Just sayin'...

Chris