RSS Feed Print
no point in steering when brakes are gone?
alz+
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 7:04 AM

checking in to say we have made some progress in making house inhabitable.

found mold in basement, got rid of it and a carpet.

called a basement fixer company, they will make basement clean, dry, mold free and fix any damp, foundation and circulation problems.

the basement fixer will also grade yard around garage to eliminate damp and MAYBE run gas line to heat it over winter.

I want the house to be easy to keep clean and whatever it costs, fine with me - not like I am vacationing anywhere.

the deck repairs and new safe steps get  built next week.

3 plumbers later and the sewer smells are 10% what they were.

boxes are being donated. mice are removed.

it is hard to not fixate on years with this undone, but the joy of moving a mountain from bed is pretty cool.

so...Keeper is doing his best to make this happen - we both know this is last chance to make this house a cool place to live out our days.

jfkoc
Posted: Tuesday, August 29, 2017 9:53 AM

Yea!!!!!!

Let the last check bounce!!!!!

alz+
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 8:04 AM

JFKOC - it took me awhile but I got your joke! how smart to even imagine that and having lots of Finn in me which = grit and determination and preparing for disasters makes this typical of my whole life.

sure, fix up the house so I can DIE without it stinking and sagging, not a month of island life in dead of winter, but insulation.

I want a hot tub but who would keep water clean? when I stayed at a rental a couple years ago they had hot tub and I loved being out there at night as we have almost NO lights to interfere with star watching, the sky is full of milky way, looks so close and clear! plus we get auroras and to be in hot water watching the sky turn colors!

we actually need a Jeeves.  getting out of bed,1, 2, 3...? 

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, August 30, 2017 1:13 PM

the expression is not mine but I do love it....are you really on an island?

hot tub...for me the difficulty would not be in cleaning but in getting in and out...lol