RSS Feed Print
A foundation of profound lies.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, November 21, 2017 10:47 AM

The same question. I ask myself. Over and over. What am I hiding? Often, I can tell. But not always. I suspect we all have something to hide. Indeed, a sad state of affairs. When one doesn’t have a clue. And gives up the search. I want no secrets. I’m bothered by people. Who amble through life. Without probing their subconscious minds. For the truth. I wonder. If not knowing the sometimes hard and brutal truth. Is the only way to survive. Perhaps we all live. On a foundation of profound lies.  --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, November 25, 2017 9:52 AM

Tell me. What are the profound truths? --Jim
chrisp1653
Posted: Saturday, November 25, 2017 12:42 PM

I can't tell you , Jim. What I can do, is suggest that profundity exists on a number of different levels, and that what is profound to one person, is merely a blip on the radar to another. Some things don't become profound except in hindsight, and some things that seem profound in the " now , " become seemingly worthless later in life.
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 11:47 PM

You are sounding very philosophical, Chrisp. I like it. --Jim
chrisp1653
Posted: Monday, November 27, 2017 3:05 AM

Perhaps I am Jim, when the mood strikes, or the need arises. Otherwise, I'm only a small being in a sea of people, doing what I can to make life enjoyable for Barbara, for others, and for myself.
Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 12:16 PM

Your thoughts, Chrisp, make this a refreshing place to be. --Jim
llee08032
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 7:43 AM

We really don't know whether others are probing their subconscious minds or not do we? It may seem as though some seem to be running and hiding from the truth. That to me looks like a lot of work and wasting of valuable time. I at the least think I see the truth in others through their humility and vulnerability. 

What about those that pontificate about how truthful and honest they are? They work so hard, brow sweating, telling us about all the wonderful things they've done and accomplished. How are we not to judge when they are as transparent as an open Johari window?

Is a kind deed really a kind deed if you boast about it? I think the kind deed is an honest and heartfelt deed when done in secret. If you don't believe me try it. Do something kind for someone today and don't tell ANYONE and keep doing it when opportunities present themselves.       

Jim Broede
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 10:16 AM

Secrets. Secrets. Secrets. We even keep some secrets from ourselves. That could pose a danger. Of never getting to know ourselves. --Jim
dutiful deb
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 11:07 AM

llee08032 wrote:

We really don't know whether others are probing their subconscious minds or not do we? It may seem as though some seem to be running and hiding from the truth. That to me looks like a lot of work and wasting of valuable time. I at the least think I see the truth in others through their humility and vulnerability. 

What about those that pontificate about how truthful and honest they are? They work so hard, brow sweating, telling us about all the wonderful things they've done and accomplished. How are we not to judge when they are as transparent as an open Johari window?

Is a kind deed really a kind deed if you boast about it? I think the kind deed is an honest and heartfelt deed when done in secret. If you don't believe me try it. Do something kind for someone today and don't tell ANYONE and keep doing it when opportunities present themselves.       

Well said, llee. Your last paragraph especially hit home for me! Thank you! 

kellly
Posted: Thursday, February 8, 2018 11:13 AM

I like that idea, too. It's too easy to get caught up in our own self. Doing something to benefit somebody else without any thought of benefitting myself at all is something I really like. If people would all do that at least once a day, wouldn't the whole world be a much better place?
llee08032
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 8:26 AM

Things happen that are meant to be and people in need are put in our path for a reason. The dog running in the middle of the road, the elderly couple broken down on the side of the road and the homeless person panhandling outside the convenience store are meant for your eye's to see. Help the dog, the elderly couple and buy the panhandler  a cup of coffee and a doughnut or sandwich. Smile at someone who looks sad. Give your seat up on the train. Donate to some cause. There are opportunities everyday and everywhere to practice doing good deeds in secret. It doesn't have to be on a large scale. 

A homeless woman told me a few weeks back about this man who ran up to her and threw this very expensive coat over her shoulders and walked away. It was below zero weather and she woke up outside unable to feel her toes that morning. 

I have a friend who drives around with blankets and food in the trunk of her car. She's ready. 

BlueSkies
Posted: Saturday, February 10, 2018 8:30 AM

Love your post llee.  All I can say is, "amen to that".  Beautifully said.