RSS Feed Print
Please, tell me a truth.
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, November 26, 2017 1:02 PM

I wonder. If everyone in the world. Had to be truthful. For one week. No lies. All of us. Had to tell the truth. The whole truth. Nothing but the truth. The world, as we know it, would come to an end. Face it.  Lives have been built on a foundation of lies. Varying degrees of dishonesty. To ourselves. To others. We are so accustomed to lying. That we don’t even recognize it anymore. We no longer bother separating truth and lies. Everybody lies. For the sake of survival. A thoroughly honest man/woman would be doomed. Go a day.  Without telling a lie. Bet you can’t. We have no clue. In the unending search. For honest-to-goodness truth. Look in every nook and cranny.  Liars! Liars! Liars! Everywhere. Please. Please. Tell me a truth.--Jim

jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, December 9, 2017 10:22 AM

underdog....there are wonderful posts on this board. please continue to come and share...just skip the ones that annoy you...

there is no way we are going to all agree or even like everyone...it will always be that way

jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, December 9, 2017 10:24 AM

jim...I think that I lie more to myself then to anyone else.
jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:17 PM

well, I do take my own advice and skip over some posters. I also do not reply to some. 

I consider myself to be an honest person. When I said that I lie to myself I meant it. How do I do this? By not accepting reality when it is too hard or painful. 

Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 4:14 PM

Really, jfKoc, you are being truthful when you acknowledge lying to yourself. I suspect that everyone does. Often without knowing it. We're too scared to face the truth. You are a brave and decent woman. Keep the faith. In yourself. --Jim
jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 4:26 PM

thanks...it is important to me to be decent...my thoughts thoughts, I fear, lag behind my actions. Bravery? I do not do so well. I have little to no sense of adventure. Hmmmm. Maybe that is because I compare myself to my fighter pilot husband. Maybe I am OK with adventure and he was plums crazy...lol
Andrew60
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 5:13 PM

For which service, and what type of jet did your husband fly? Being the wife of a fighter pilot is never easy, and God Bless you both for your service.
jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 6:00 PM

He was a Navy red ripper and flew F2h4 Banshee. He was recruited to fly for  Air America in Vietnam and Laos. He was there for @8 years. He flew C-46, C47  and a small plane that landed on tiny airstrips on the sides of mountains. I know he was legal to fly almost everything and flying meant all to him.

Now I must tell a truth. I was not married to him when he was flying but thank you for the thanks.

My almost 40 years with him came later but his personality was that of a fighter pilot. As I said somewhere, it was either brave or adventurous or just plain crazy.

I adored him!!!!!

Andrew60
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 6:46 PM

Jfkoc - I had a few friends who were pilots, and Im not sure when they are more edgy between being in active jet fighter status, or retiring and no longer able to fly their jets. It takes a type AA personality to fly what he did.

Ive read back through the forum and came across hundreds of posts by you. Your husband was a lucky man to have such a caring wife, who worked hard to look after him. Just like your husband was a strong man,  you must be a strong woman.

jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, December 10, 2017 7:09 PM

As I said, I adored him and we were a good team. He was Peter Pan who wanted to write a book on literary moral philosophy. I knew how to change a lightbulb ...he was happy to let me. He was happy with a book and I was happy making plans. Another truth. There were some Wednesdays when I would have pushed the button that would make him disappear...lol

He, and the Air America pilots who have sort of taken me under their wings, universally say they preferred the planes they flew there because you had to know how to fly. That i understand. 

I am so grateful to everyone here...old friends and new. It is quite a journey we share.

chrisp1653
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 2:30 AM

Andy, it's good to see you posting every now and again, and jfkoc, while I admit that sometimes I lose the point that you're making, I generally feel that it's my lack of insight that gets me to that stage, and not your thoughtful, and supportive posting. Keep it up, please.
Andrew60
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 6:56 AM

Chris

I read every post on this thread and on the Young onset thread. Im always looking to learn, although sometimes I get stressed from some of the posts. I have been exercising self control in what I post, at least for now! 

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, December 11, 2017 8:26 AM

Another truth.....sometimes my post is directed specifically to a previous post and understandably would seem odd/unrelated after other posts are made. Thanks for the feedback. I will be more identifying.
BillBRNC
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 12:27 PM

First, during my legal years, I greatly colored the truth to achieve the desired result. Did I lie? I truly tried to not lie. Did I color the truth so much that most people would not see the truth, yes I did, guilty as charged. I got sick of it, I quit, then I did much better things. I even made more money doing good things than I did working for the devil. So, there is the truth on that point.

Why am I posting now, here. I have grown fully sick and tired of the Early Onset board. I think some of the major writers there are frauds. I have thought so for a long time. They don't have dementia, they don't have anything like dementia. If you have MCI as they claim for say 7 to 9 years, then I think it safe to say it isn't progressing. But same people have the liking to say me too whenever someone with a real problem mentions their problem. Why does this bother me so much. I tell you. Not many people with real dementia can post on board like this for more than a few years at most. Why, because they progress to point that they can't do it anymore, simple. If they can do it year after year after year, then that should tell us something, shouldn't it. So, why does this bother me so much?

There aren't many people on this forum who have Alz, early onset or not, not many at all. It is obvsious why, so that's that. There are plenty of caregivers taking care of the dementia people who are the true dementia people who can't post here. That makes sense. Why does this bother me? Because if someone who has real dementia comes to visit and they read all these bogus people telling everyone how they know everything, then real dementia people feel like they in wrong place, becuase they can't write or think like so many of these people who claim to have dementia or something just as bad. It is a lie, simple and plain. Why does this bother me?

It bother me because I now need to communicate with real dementia people. I am diagnosed now. I am progressed futher than I want to be, I am in CCRC now. I have all kinds of crap going on in my head and body. I almost wish I had Alz, but I have Dementia with Lewy Bodies, so I know and understand and can even explain how I feel and what is going on with me, and I be able to do this until shortly before I die. I want and need to talk with people who are going through what I go through now. I don't want to read  what fruads think or say. Yes, caregivers give me lots a good information. I think there are few if any frauds on caregiver board, but I imagine there are some. 

This is very clear to me, but seems not clear to lots of people. I don't want to read what anybody feels like saying about something they don't have or don't know about first hand. I got limited time. I got huge needs for knowing stuff. I don't get it from Early Onset board, and I can't get it. I don't know if I continue to come to this entire forum much longer, but I think I will try to come here if I can, but everyone should know where I come from, and that is not a lie or a color truth. It is me. And I am not someone who has a billion posting on this board over the past 5 to 10 years. Got to know that is a bunch of crap. Sorry to dump on you good people, but that is how I feel, and that is not a lie. You want truth, you got it now. Bill.

Jim Broede
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:09 PM

You are giving me a glimpse into yourself, Bill. By walking naked into the world. Can’t say that I fully understand you. Because I don’t even fully understand myself. But I know courage and decency. When I see it. And you have it. You have come to the right place. To muse and take risks. You make more sense than most people. Stick around. Post when you feel like it. Continue being yourself. As long as you can. Right up to the end. I’m with you. In spirit. Don’t know if that’s good enough. You know more about you than I know. Keep teaching me. Allow me to be your student. --Jim

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:16 PM

Bill...please keep posting. You are a window into a world we caregivers need.  It was not many years ago that there was no window!!!
Andrew60
Posted: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:36 PM

I have MCI, and I hope Bill is incorrect in his assumptions. Getting a first hand glimpse into what my POSSIBLE future could be has been encouraging for me. Before I came to this forum, I knew nothing about dementia, and thought life was over after being diagnosed. Instead, I have learned there can still be many years where you can still be productive, but certainly not as much as before.

I spend most of my days on a Christian forum answering questions or encouraging others. At times, there have been pretend “christians” infiltrating our forum, so I know some folks like to try and crash party’s. However, I would’ve never thought that could happen here. I hope what Bill said is not the case, but now that I think about it, maybe, just maybe some of it could be true.

llee08032
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 6:01 AM

Bill,

Here is some groups you might like to try:

- Dementia Alliance International

www.dementiaallianceinternational.org

Dementia Alliance International is a registered non-profit organisation whose membership is exclusively for people with a medically confirmed diagnosis of any type of ...

1. Young Onset Dementia Support Group - Home | Facebook

www.facebook.com/YoungOnsetDementiaSupportGroup

Young Onset Dementia Support Group. 2.5K likes. This page is for people who are experiencing the impact of Dementia before age 65. Share stories &...

2. Alzheimer's - Early Stage Support Group - Facebook

www.facebook.com/events/149542135610750

Early Stage Support Group for people with dementia who want to inform themselves with current information and share their experiences with others.