RSS Feed Print
My 'drug' of choice.
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 11:01 AM

The surest sign of spring. It’s here. Spring training. Doesn’t matter that we’ve had a foot of snow. The Chicago Cubs have already played two exhibition games. Albeit, in Arizona. Where weather conditions are tolerable. For playing baseball.  My gosh. The season opener is barely a month away. I can start counting the days. Before I’m hooked again. In need of my daily fix.  Why is it? That baseball is my ‘drug’ of choice. --Jim

chrisp1653
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 11:31 AM

I can't speak to the baseball, since sports are always the last thoughts on my mind, but I can sure tell you that my garage is calling me. Oh my ! I can feel my fingers itching for some good shop time. There are boards wanting to be cut. There are wrenches just waiting to be used. And every potential project is begging for T-shirt weather. Where is the spring, anyway ?
ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 11:46 AM

My drug of choice????  Not sure, but lately I've been snappy at my sister...it kinda makes me feel better....she leaves the house with her head down in wonder and intense contemplation...then later she calls and says stupid things.  I still can't find my drug of choice...I guess music.  I have to stop the snappy....I look ugly when I do that.
jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 1:20 PM

drawingboard....weather independant

Underdog
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 2:28 PM

It seems like I always notice outdoor things I need to do when it's freezing cold;
but dang, I'd get a lot of stuff done if it weren't so cold!
chrisp1653
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 5:45 PM

If you're anything like me, Underdog, I get ambitious for outdoor work when it's too wet or cold for it, but when the weather gets nicer, then it seems there are other ( and seemingly more important ) things that want to occupy my time.
kellly
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 8:33 PM

I have a large piece of nice wool fabric I got in a thrift store and have a couple things I wanted to make from it. I made the skirt today and will make the other piece over the several weekends or so (it's a complicated piece). The skirt was easy and I could wear it tomorrow if I want to. It  was cool and windy, so I just stayed in today working on that skirt. The only thing I did  outside was clean the yard up after my dogs. We got snow last week and there's still some on the ground, but it's supposed to warm up tomorrow and it will melt off and turn to mud. =) We don't get planting weather around here until May, so my seeds will have to wait till then. Meantime, I have my sewing projects to do and I'm thinking maybe I'll go see "The Shape of Water", too.

jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, February 25, 2018 9:28 PM

now I just feel lazy reading what every one is up to or planning to do
kellly
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 8:18 AM

Nah, it's not laziness. Everyone needs to have some down time, too. It's good for recharging your batteries. Relax and enjoy it!
jfkoc
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 9:04 AM

no, I am not talking about relaxing...I am speaking of all of you and your projects....do you have lists to?

I have always thought that the making of lists has a lot to say about a person

my life-long excuse? I am a Pices

kellly
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 10:44 AM

I could never get into list making except for things like going to the grocery store or making a list of last-minute things not to forget when packing for trips, which I don't make any more. I don't even make a to-do list at work. I remember what I have to do and the idea of making lists about it just feels like more work to me.

I do put reminders on my key ring, tho. I learned that trick half a lifetime ago to keep me from forgetting something. I can't get out of the house and lock up without my keys, so that note was right there in front of me to keep me from getting out of the house without whatever the reminder was telling me I needed.

chrisp1653
Posted: Monday, February 26, 2018 3:12 PM

I don't know how to classify myself. Like MissHer, I will ( sometimes ) make my grocery list. I walk to the fridge and check what we're low on, look at the pull date on the milk, just to be sure, check the pantry - the whole drill. So efficient ! Except that the list misses my back pocket and remains on the counter. So, am I scatterbrained ? I enjoy reading, especially the books I have already read before, since they are my old and good friends, coming off the shelf for a visit. So, perhaps I am lazy . I love to have all my nails, screws, bolts, and nuts nicely put up in boxes or drawers out in my garage, but everything else is in piles. The garage is always a work in progress. So is the house, for that matter. So, am I neat, or a slob ? I need boxes for my thoughts, so I can find them, and then I can put the boxes underneath my piles of ideas, and things I intend to do - when it warms up, or cools down a bit. Maybe someday.
llee08032
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 7:26 AM

I've relied on the sticky note system for many years. It didn't hit me until a few years ago why I need a note to put out the trash or to attend an appointment on the right day. I have them everywhere bedroom, kitchen, work, car. I never know when I'm going to remember something I need to do that I might forget. Always have a note at hand. When I have a pile up of notes that means I need to get busy. It's a love and hate relationship with sticky notes. They can get messy. When they get out of hand I line them up on a sheet of paper to create a feeling of organization. My favorites are the super sticky, neon colors with lines. I've become so accustomed to the pale yellow notes that they get lost in my visual field. Losing a note can be a big deal. It may mean I forget to call my granddaughter or get the oil changed in the car. I've had gas turned off, life insurance policy terminated and late fees galore from forgetting to pay bills. I've become so accustomed to the pale yellow notes that they get lost in my visual field. I love crumbling and throwing sticky notes away after I've accomplished something!  
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, March 3, 2018 8:11 AM

I did my thesis utilizing sticky notes and a large wall. It was perfect!

Neon w/lines? Staples?

llee08032
Posted: Wednesday, March 7, 2018 7:08 AM

Yes, Staples. Thanks for reading my boring post about post it notes.
chrisp1653
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 2:00 AM

I prefer lists, llee.  Or rather,  I would prefer lists, except that I still tend to think I will remember without having to bother writing the lists. Who needs 'em ? My mind is like a steel trap ! Which, I suppose, is why, when I get to the store and do my shopping, all I have is a steel trap. What is it I came here for ? Bananas ? Apples ? How much milk do I have in the fridge ?

At least I can say I'm saving trees by not using a lot of paper. I think.

Chris

llee08032
Posted: Thursday, March 8, 2018 7:24 AM

My sticky notes are little lists. I would prefer to use recycled sticky notes.