RSS Feed Print
It's difficult. Keeping my mouth shut.
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, June 1, 2018 12:31 PM

I wonder. How much time I should spend? Dealing with other people’s problems. What about the rest of you? Are you managing your lives?  More or less by yourselves?  Do you have time for others?  Do you wish for help? And how do you go about getting it? I am sort of a loner. Relying on myself. I seldom ask for help. I’m more likely to offer help to others instead.  But sometimes I’m reluctant to butt in.  As if it’s none of my business. Yes. Yes. I have lots of questions. Too many to ask. But hey, it’s difficult. Keeping my mouth shut. --Jim

jfkoc
Posted: Friday, June 1, 2018 1:08 PM

I find people so interesting...I prefer to listen and learn. One of my favorite questions is "What are you passionate about".
llee08032
Posted: Saturday, June 2, 2018 9:56 AM

I'm doing my best to manage my life on my own. I find myself needing more alone time to decompress. I'd prefer to be the helper than being the one needing the help. It's hard to ask for help sometimes because over the years I have greatly valued my independence and not needing anyone's help. Perhaps it's pride? Surely I could be guilty of having too much pride. I don't get myself or why asking for help can be hard. I would never look down on someone for needing help and I've found my true passion in working in one of the helping fields.
ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, June 2, 2018 11:25 AM

I've been called the "Lone Ranger" myself.  I'm sort of like leee and Jim.  I don't ask for help....I guess I like to figure it out.  And the things I can't do, the manly stuff, I still try to do...but of course I have strength limitations, and I'm not interested in changing the oil of the car myself, nor changing tires.....

My sister is going to divorce soon, and it's sort of new for her.  Just awhile ago, I handed her my screw driver and hammer...she's all set and ready to fix the stuff her stupid hubby screwed up in the house.

You Go Girl!

jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, June 2, 2018 12:51 PM

I am pretty independent but when I need help I happily ask for it.
llee08032
Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2018 9:40 AM

Good sister Ruth! Like you I have no interest in changing oil or tires. But I am a handy woman and can do things like changing out the wax ring in toilet, some cement work, painting etc. Sister may need a few power tools.
just exhibit Love
Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2018 10:39 AM

Yes I am outspoken also in a quiet matter of fact way..I do not push my views on others but I do share them..I have a mule and ride him a lot, two big dogs..a  lab and a border collie they are the best dogs..I have a glock with a laser site  so I can shoot the snakes if needed..and I mow 17 acres with the john deer so my husband can spend more time enjoying time in the garage rebuilding some old car or truck or jeep..and can enjoy talking   with his friends that also enjoy doing this..and quite often..highway patrolman come by and share what is going on where he used to work and my husband is so glad he retired....because he feels the bad guys are winning.

I feel the ladies of musing are much alike..we live.. we love ..and we laugh..

Life teaches us as we go..to appreciate everything we have and not take one day for granted in old age..I live in gratitude that we could help Margie keep her dignity til she took her last breath..and this we could give.

jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2018 11:19 AM

I live, love and laugh but if I see a snake I run....lol

Do you mow the 17 acres every week?

just exhibit Love
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 10:03 AM

Yes I mow 17 acres every week there are many beautiful oak trees on our property so thank goodness it is not all grass... and friends that come down our long driveway alsways compliment us on the two rows of trees that come together  and shade the driveway and bring peace to the area they are in. we planted them over 25 years ago and they are huge now and breath taking to look at.

the only good snake is a dead snake and my dogs tell me where they are and then step back while I shoot them..they are not afraid of the sound of a gun.

Have a great week everyone.May you live in peace and find joy every day in this thing called life.

Love Rosie

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 10:11 AM

just exhibit Love wrote:

Yes I mow 17 acres every week there are many beautiful oak trees on our property and friend that come down our long driveway alsways compliment us on the two rows of trees that come together  and shade the driveway and bring peace to the area they are in. we planted them over 25 years ago and they are huge now and breath taking to look at.

the only good snake is a dead snake and my dogs tell me where they are and then step back while I shoot them..they are not afraid of the sound of a gun.

Have a great week everyone.May you live in peace.

Love Rosie

I've always been impressed, by you, my pistol-packing mama. Because you stick to your guns. --Your true friend, Jim.

P.S. I'm no snake. Though that's open to dispute

Andrew60
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 10:14 AM

Mowing 17 acres, every week, wow! The house we left last year had a little over an acre, and I did not mind mowing that, but it was not high on my fun list either.

Im a fairly quiet person, although in the last 2 years, Ive become more social. Spending 29 years as a Marine, I learned quickly how to keep my mouth shut....Now, Im not afraid to seek advice, or admit I have cognitive problems.

Like Jim, I use to be consumed by politics, but over the last few years, its fallen down my personal ladder of whats important in life.

chrisp1653
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2018 11:43 AM

Andy, I'd like to think that instead of falling down the ladder, you learned what was important by climbing up the ladder, where you had a clearer view.
llee08032
Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 8:04 AM

During my wild youth I let a friend borrow my car. He lost a 9ft Boa Constrictor in my car which wrapped up behind the glove compartment for several months! Hunger eventually drove him out.
MissHer
Posted: Tuesday, June 5, 2018 8:23 AM

eeeeeeeeekkkk as my toes are curling ..a snake.