RSS Feed Print
What happened?
MissHer
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:07 AM

Where did all of those lovely people go that used to post here? Come back and liven up the place!  It seems so stuffy and dark  in the basement now. Bring back the light and sunshine. We need laughter, and music, and lightheartedness. Sending all of you a hug and well wishes.
ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:51 AM

Image result for muppetsWe're still here!

MissHer
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 6:25 AM

ruthmendez wrote:
Oh! There you are! Where have you been and where are the baby ones?

ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 10:07 AM

here's one! (his little face reminds me of another one of my ex-brother in-laws....ahhahahahahhahah!)

MissHer
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 11:36 AM

Ha ha ha ha..cute huh! Thanks for the smile Ruth! The muppets do fit the bill!
jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:18 PM

not certain but will start the trip to Gee's Bend again
MissHer
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:49 PM

Goodnight Elmo. Miss Piggy, Cookie Monster, kermit, Bert ,Ernie and all of the adorable Muppet Babies! Lights out at 9:00 for maintenance! See you all tomorrow! Good night Ruth and jkfoc! Have a lovely PEACEFUL evening. I live in CT  it's almost 9 pm.

hugs

Deb

jfkoc
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:53 PM

Going to be a great evening. Picked up some jelly beans when I picked up my antibiotic for nasty looking toe.
ruthmendez
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:54 PM

Good night....this is the thread to be....I think I'll stay here.
MissHer
Posted: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 8:55 PM

Black jelly beans? The toe thing doesn't sound fun.
llee08032
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 7:45 AM

ruthmendez wrote:

This brings back memories of when my toddler son left Ms Piggy in a taxi cab. We had to track the cab and get her back right away. The poor child was beside himself!

Jo C.
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 2:00 PM

Musing a bit:

I am so glad he got his Miss Piggy back llee; those things are a very big deal to a little one.   My little fellow had a big pink mouse given to him by a cousin when he was about three . . . his name became Promedy; don't know why, it just did.  Promedy got dragged everywhere.

My son was such a happy and loving child; he had his share of playmates and siblings, but one day he brought home an invisible friend named, "Negatron."  Son had only just turned four, so where that name popped up from, who knows.  Well; Negatron had to sit at the dinner table with a place setting, and I had to tuck him into bed at night too.  When we went to the grocery store, he had to be buckled into the car and BOY . . . one day I shut the car door too fast and my little one gave out a yell to be careful, I almost hit Negatron with the door.  He always went out to play when little son did.

That invisible being also had to be guided through the grocery store's turnstile and had to be lifted up in the grocery cart child seat too.   I didn't blink an eyelash.   Little son had no empty places in his life, he was not lonely, was well adjusted, and had lots of love; so if Negatron was going to be with us for awhile, that was okay.  I knew it would eventually fade away.

I did nothing to foster and grow Negatron; he was just part of our life and seemed to be very important to my sweet son.  Thankfully, his two older brothers and sister were okay with it too.

One day, some weeks later, my little one came inside to tell me Negatron was gone and would not be coming back.   "Where did he go?"  I asked.  My son stood there thinking and then said, "He got run over by a car."   Gulp!

Well, about two days later, son came into the kitchen and told me Negatron was back because he really did not get run over by a car, but he was going far, far away now on a trip and he would never come back again.  And he didn't.

Big hugs to my little guy with the white blond hair and big blue eyes and pixie-like ways.   He is now grownup and is a peace officcr; I worry a lot about him.  Once in awhile we bring up Negatron and he just smiles.

I could understand because when I was a tiny child I developed my own invisible being, his name was "Teetalee."  Go figure.  This is important . . . I lived in the way up  in the UP of northern Michigan.  I had NEVER, ever seen a black person.  I did not know there was such a person.   Way up there, were all white folk from different foreign countries working in the iron ore mines and other hands-on work.

I never had a story book with a black person in it; not Uncle Remus, etc.  BUT my invisible friend Teetalee was a tall, thin, elderly black man!  I still wonder how in the world an elderly black man became my invisible friend when I had no knowledge about there even being black people.   He was so sweet.  I was very young and was still in a crib-like bed; I must have been about 3 - 4, but I remember that old soul.  He would talk to me through the bedroom window when I was supposed to be napping.   My parents let me go on about him and played along with it.

He came to see me multiple times and we talked together.  To this day, I remember just exactly how he looked AND people . . . . I saw a REAL person; at least in my mind's eye and I still remember him..

I'll not forget him, and sometimes today,  I wonder if guardian angels or other kindly beings visit tiny children from time to time.  All friendly souls . . . .

Only excuse I can think of is that my son and I are the only two left-handers in the family.  Perhaps our brains are prone to musing fantasies.  Who knows . . .

Anyone else with an imaginary friend?

J.

MissHer
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 2:23 PM

My daughter did. (the baby) Her name was Tina Badina and she wasn't quite as involved as your son. She didn't talk about her much but one day she announced that Tina Badina ran off with her boyfriend.  I still talk about her on occasion and my daughter smiles. Cute sweet memories. I miss my small children. ( BUT DON'T BRING THEM BACK!)  Well maybe for awhile. I couldn't keep up with them for too long.

My other daughter has a tiny teddy bear that sucks it's thumb (like she did). Her daddy got it for her for Christmas the year before he died. She treasures it and so would I. She was only 4. She is now 42. It's name is suck face. 

The stories are precious and "Negatron" sounds just like a little boys imaginary name..

Miss Piggy being left in a Taxi! My daughter would die if she lost her suck face,too! 

My oldest daughter had a security blanket,too. It was a fluffy , silky, filled one. She drug it around everywhere. (think linus! ) Yup, that was her. I had to sneak it into the wash and it fell apart. Bit by bit it got smaller and smaller and  thrown away. Guess what was next? She started to carry around my underthings!! I found some panties or night things in the car one day!! LOL (no more of that) Darn allergies are acting up again. I need a tissue. 

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 9:16 PM

It's interesting about the imaginary friends children can have.  I bought a book written from a psychic who had a friend for a long while, until his teens.  But it got to the point he had to break it off because this friend got carried away and was not a good soul.  According to the psychic, his own mom, who also had psychic abilities, asked another friend of hers to find a way for this young soul to go home.  The young soul wanted an opportunity to live within the psychic so he could continue his life...he wanted to live.  But he was causing trouble and tempting the psychic to do bad things.....drugs...stealing..things like that.  The wild teen years.

It took a spiritual meeting with the young soul's mom who tried to get him back and the little spirit obeyed, but later returned!

I can't remember how the psychic boy finally got rid of him but I think he had to change his life and just ignore him.  

It was a very interesting book.  I bought it during the Halloween season just for the effect.  I can't remember the psychic's name but he does have a website....I'll try to find it.

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 9:19 PM

All my friends were stuffed toys.....and they would all join me when I was mad at mom and tell them, "let's go! We're running away from home!"

We all ended up around the corner and me talking to my stuffed toys all pissed while mom watched me from the kitchen window.  

So funny.

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2018 10:36 PM

Geez, took a while to find his name.....here he is...

http://www.michaelbodine.com/

The book is called "Growing Up Psychic".

I thought it was interesting.

Jo C.
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 7:34 AM

Oh gosh, MissHer; you have me laughing . . . your underthings!   Well; they were  the things closest to you; that is actually adorable in a funny way.  Little suck face; what a poignant and sweet story, it really tugs at the heartstring's.   I can imagine it is still a treasure for her.

Well Ruth, you didn't run away too far, just thinking about it was an adventure . . . I actually ran away one day.   I was very, very tiny; for some reason I was mad at my mother, so I took my baby doll and "ran away."  My plan was to go to my Grammie's house; I knew I would get sympathy there.  Well; I got about six houses away and stood on the corner . . . I was lost!   I didn't know how to get to Grammie's and did not know my way back home again.

A nice lady on a porch started to ask me where I was going, and about then my mother came running down the street waving her arms with her hair standing on end.  That was the last of my running away travels.

Still don't have a good sense of direction; my kids joke that, "Mom could get lost in a closet."

J.

MissHer
Posted: Monday, June 18, 2018 9:27 AM

You ladies sound adorable as little girls, running away with your stuffed animals a doll.cute

I never did run away from my mom when small  but at 65 I would love to. Any ideas on how to do that "adorably" like you guys did?