RSS Feed Print
Psychic
ruthmendez
Posted: Friday, September 14, 2018 10:48 PM

Just a crazy thought.....or question.....Is my cat a psychic?!  How the heck did she know I was going to put the advantage (flea killer) drop on her?!  

We were in separate rooms, and I got the advantage box, snipped one package, had the little tube in my hand and headed to the room where she sleeps on my bed.  She immediately got up and hid underneath the bed!!!  

I say, animals really have an ability to recognize distinctive sounds, and just know!!! She hates the advantage and runs away upset every time I put it on her.

And sometimes, I think she knows when I'm up to something....like she reads my movements and doesn't fall for my sneaky ways.

She's a creepy little thing.  Now I have to wait for when she finally gets out from underneath my bed.

George K
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 5:44 AM

My guess is that your cat is able to smell it.

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 7:00 AM

George has an analytical mind. It's worth listening to him. --Jim
ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 8:43 AM

Didn't think of that....yes, so that's how she knows when bath time is near.  Same story, except she runs outside.  I leave the window open for her during the day so she can roam in and out.  

I try to be very careful, collecting the towels, shampoo products, and then I look for her.....Gone Girl.

Educational piece>>>>https://www.thesprucepets.com/sense-of-smell-552117

chrisp1653
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 4:33 PM

Cats have a multi-dimensional thought process that allows them to not only consider what is happening in real time, but also to access the past and future. Face it Ruth. We're outmatched.
ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 4:38 PM

Image result for gypsy cat

You know, Halloween is near.  She was once a witch a few years back, but I think she would look good in this costume for this year.  If!  She allows me to dress her.

MissHer
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 4:51 PM

Dogs are better. Tiny ones.
ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 5:02 PM

I used to have two American Eskimos, but I couldn't keep them anymore.  It was heartbreaking.  Since then, I don't want dogs anymore.  And they need more attention.  

One of the Eskimos had blue eyes. Unique.  I think he was an albino because most Eskimos have black eyes.  Many years ago.  

MissHer
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 9:01 PM

I bet that was a pretty dog!  The cat is cute..  My son taught one to use the toilet instead of the cat litter..Just like in that goofy movie. lol Meet the "Somethings. " ???
ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 9:26 PM

AHHA!  Yes, Meet the "kmmm kmmm".

Jinxy the Cat.  That was one heck of a spoiled cat.  It was funny when it got lost and replaced.  

MissHer
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 9:40 PM

Meet the Parents? OR Meet the Focker's?  lol
ruthmendez
Posted: Saturday, September 15, 2018 9:45 PM

The missing Jinxy scene was in the "Meet the Parents".

But the darn cat was found again....I think a neighbor found it or something. Poor Focker just couldn't get anything right.

just exhibit Love
Posted: Sunday, September 16, 2018 11:17 AM

May I share..

My husband loves his cat..she has only the best in Life..a Litter robot and I give her a bath every week and trim her nails..

she watches me get out the shampoo...Lavender and her brush and towel and hair dryer and her nail trimer..then she disappears..but I know where she keeps it..

If I get out a can of science diet tender chicken dinner..she is right there and says ok let's eat and then I will take a bath..

she loves the bathtub when my husband is in it..but I have never let her swim in the tub yet..

Madison is a good cat and gives us much pleasure..and every now and then she tries to challenge our big lab..but the big lab ignores her..it is too funny.

and we also have a border collie..and oreo will stare at her and she feels very threatened..and Madison does not ever challenge him..a good thing..as oreo is such a smart dog..

Have a good sunday everyone.

Namaste

Love Rosie