RSS Feed Print
A collective sigh of relief.
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 11:51 AM

Let’s say. For the sake of debate. That the creator is endowed. With the power to create.  But with no power to alter the creation. Once the creation is in place. No opportunity to coreect mistakes. Yes, the creator is compelled to live with the creation. No matter what. Even if creation has gone awry. Absolutely no interference. That’s the rule of the game.  Perhaps set by the creator of the creator. A so-called super creator. Who ruled over whatever existed. Before the presence of creation as we mortals know it. No means to undo the creative mess. That turned into a living Hell. No opportunity to apologize. To express regrets. About being compelled to live in Hell. Forever. A fate far worse than death. Enough to scare the willies out of everyone. Helpless to intervene. Unless, of course, there was an escape clause. That allows creation to destroy itself. I have a hunch. That’s where we are headed. Sooner or later. Yes. Yes. Let’s all breathe a collective sigh of relief. --Jim

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 12:39 PM

Jim Broede wrote:

....Unless, of course, there was an escape clause. That allows creation to destroy itself. I have a hunch. That’s where we are headed. Sooner or later...

Hahaha!  Yes, Jim.  I agree this is where we're heading, and it's kinda going at a more rapid speed lately.  Unfortunately, I think I'll be seeing a big part of it.  Maybe I'll jump ship before the end???  Or follow those trying still to survive...what would I have to do for that?  Scary thought. 
Interesting topic, Jim.  Thx.

jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 2:02 PM

I think you need an activity.
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 2:54 PM

jfkoc wrote:
I think you need an activity.

This is my wholesome, stimulating activity. We all need imaginative activity like this. --Jim

jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 4:21 PM

"Creativity is the act of creating something in the real world, while imagination deals with ‘unreal’ thoughts that are free from the confines of reality."

chrisp1653
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 5:37 PM

Thumbs up @ jkfoc !
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 5:48 PM

jfkoc wrote:

"Creativity is the act of creating something in the real world, while imagination deals with ‘unreal’ thoughts that are free from the confines of reality."

It’s all right, and even desirable, to live in a blend of real and imaginary worlds. Sometimes, imaginary worlds become real. Flying to the moon used to be imaginary. Imagining an afterlife as a spirit. That could become real some day. Imagining the Chicago Cubs winning a World Series. That became real in 2016. Writing a short story or a novel. Begins and ends with the help of imagination. Science fiction. That’s imagination. Which sometimes comes true. What would life be, without imagination? Not the kind of life I want. What would Judith be? Without imagination? Probably a hopeless recluse. Get with it, Judith. Exercise your imagination. It'll lead to a better and more profound and creative life. Try it. You'll like it. Nothing to lose. Everything to gain. --Jim

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 6:12 PM

I'm imagining eating almond praline ice cream right now. That can be very real, very soon....
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 6:23 PM

ruthmendez wrote:
I'm imagining eating almond praline ice cream right now. That can be very real, very soon....

Yes, Ruth. Your imagination is a catalyst for real action. Good for you. Now please wipe the ice cream from your chin. Don't embarrass yourself. --Jim 

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, November 25, 2018 7:05 PM

oops.  ;o)
Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 10:39 AM

As a youngster, I learned to exercise my imagination. And I retained some of my imaginative prowess. As a rambunctious adult. To create wonderful realities. That’s how I became a romantic idealist, a spiritual free-thinker, a political liberal, a lover, a dreamer. It all started with the imagination. Imagining what was possible. And I went for it. Before I knew it. I was savoring life. Embracing my reality. Imaginatively. Positively.  Gracefully. I actually am who I am. No fake. The real me. Believe it or not.   And here I am. In real flesh. With a real soul.  Fine-tuning myself. Daily. Wow! What a life. And to think. It's -real. Very, very real. -Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 3:25 PM

My best teachers taught me to think imaginatively. With no bounds. The lesser teachers encouraged me to be a realist. To stay within prescribed bounds. --Jim

ruthmendez
Posted: Monday, November 26, 2018 3:50 PM

But, isn't there a bit of reality that creation might destroy itself?  Surely, we don't want to think like that all the time, in fear. Being involved in healthy and productive activities is the best way to live.

But, there's that possibility.....that we're heading for something not very good.  I choose to not ignore it.

However, I won't ridiculously hide in a basement like some folks did when we had the Y2K problem, thinking it was the end of the world.  Ha!  Silly.

Anyway, I'm sure that's not exactly the point of your post.  But I got stuck on that.  It interested me.