RSS Feed Print
What's the battle all about?
Jim Broede
Posted: Friday, January 4, 2019 10:22 PM

I’m in a constant battle. To get things right. Every day. There’s no relief. From the battlefield. But maybe that’s my given role. In life. To be a warrior. Duty bound. To do and die. And not know why.  If only I knew. What I am fighting for. Give me a better definition.  Please tell me, everyone. What’s our cause? Are we on the same side?  Do we even have a hint? Of what’s the battle all about? --Jim

jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2019 9:24 AM

I do not see life as a battle but rather a challenge. The goal? To know that at the end of the day, when my head hits the pillow, that I learned something. More importantly that I did something for someone else that made their life better....hopefully anonymously. Something that falls into the world's collective pile of good deeds.

I do not see myself on the same side as someone who's goal is to make things right but then I probably do not know what that really means.

jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2019 6:46 PM

A successful life is distinct from a profound and vital one, however.

"To put it simply, it means doing something outside yourself. You will do something outside yourself, something to repair tears in your community, something to make life a little better for people less fortunate than you.  One lives not just for one's self but for one's community." RBG

Wgonzo
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2019 7:17 PM

The battle you live is the one you are creating within yourself. I have lost my parents and battled this horrific disease that took my mother so I have learned to pick my battles.

In fact when faced with problems or negative situations I assess the situation in terms of whether it's a battle worth taking on. I always tell my husband that we need to pick our battles because not everything is worth it.

There are things that we can do and there are things that are out of our hands. Don't lose sleep over the things that are out of your control. Instead be productive and live life beyond your computer. Be involved in your community. Make a difference. Who knows you may find helping others in a positive way will be the cause you need.

Random acts of kindness. Pass it on.

Jim Broede
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2019 9:05 PM

Warriors need battles. Face it. They live for battles. Like it or not. --Jim
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2019 9:08 PM

but do we need warriors?
jfkoc
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2019 9:16 PM

we don't need battles either....they are man made from inferior fabric
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2019 5:08 AM

jfkoc wrote:
we don't need battles either....they are man made from inferior fabric

Seems to me, Judith, that you want to escape reality. That can be good or bad. Depends on how you go about it. --Jim

jfkoc
Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2019 9:48 AM

Hmmm.....no, I think my world is firmly based in reality. 

What three things do you think causes battles?

w/e
Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2019 12:43 PM

battle = struggle

The battle (struggle), it is about the dark night of the soul. The complex psychology of the mind. And daily living. ... Life is a constant odyssey ...  to grow, adjust, transform, adapt, become stronger, get purpose, and find grace. 

It ain't easy when in the trenches.

We march on. Together. ... We struggle. To become better human beings. And, ultimately, for the village to prosper. And live on.

That is my battle. My struggles.

ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2019 1:24 PM

just let me know when it's time to take out my pistolas.
ruthmendez
Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2019 6:23 PM

Image result for cowboy with guns
I'm ready