RSS Feed Print
mom got carded today ordering a beer at lunch.....
gubblebumm
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:11 PM

...usually i have my mom's id on me, but switched wallets and didn't carry it today, so of course they were checking everyones ID as the liquor board whatever had been checking....hahha omg so she got her beer ,but lesson learned carry mom's ID!!!
ruthmendez
Posted: Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:41 PM

A beer at lunch?  Sounds like a lady who knows how to party!  Good thing she got her beer.
McCott
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 12:41 AM

This "carding" of the elderly is very bizarre -- in my late 60's I was carded in the Baltimore Washington airport during a stopover while visiting my 90 something year old mother.
The waiter was obviously being harassed by his boss; it was all so inane, but he had to do it.  OK, some big bureaucracy being stupid.

Then last year at the university where I teach, there was a smallish departmental reception for graduates in June where champagne was served.  I have been teaching there for 35 years, and the departmental staff was asking me for ID!  And also requiring all the parents and graduates to produce ID.  I asked the uptight officious staff member if she really thought I was under 21,  and told her when I started teaching in the dept.  She said -- "We need to see everyone's ID."  I just left.  It was a small local bureaucracy run amok, being more than stupid -- being willfully blind to the obvious.  

gubblebumm
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 3:44 PM

Aiport Chicago, elderly Korean war vet, wheeled himself in to the bar with his $20 bill.  His wife carried his wallet for him and she was off shopping so he wanted a beer.  They wouldn't serve him!  He must have been 80, We were shocked.  Guess the card EVERYONE, no matter what.  The old dude felt disrepsected and frustrated and embarrassed that his wife carried his wallet for him on top of not getting a beer.
ruthmendez
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2019 3:55 PM

I guess that’s what happens when someone feels discriminated for not getting carded.  People are getting stupider and stupider everyday (is stupider a word?) I feel offended being carded because that old fart in that photo looks absolutely nothing like me and no one questions it!