RSS Feed Print
I Use To Be The Strong One Here.............
younghope
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 10:05 AM

I can remember so many years ago here when I was the strong one for everyone, I always seem to have an answer. I saw my psychiatrist and he said that I had progressed quite abit since he saw me in October and I really need to see my Neurologist to see if he could give me anything to stabilize me again. Well, I see him March 2nd, so that isn't so far away. I think I have played the game play by play and now I drawing closer to the pitstop. This has been a journey, one that I have walked with many, and some have already gone before me. It is my deep faith in God and the love and joy of my son that has got me this far. I'm still living in the moment as that is all that any of us have.

Tracy

Myriam
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 12:19 PM

younghope wrote:

I really need to see my Neurologist to see if he could give me anything to stabilize me again. Well, I see him March 2nd, so that isn't so far away. 

Tracy

Hi, Younghope. Please don't hesitate to call your Neurologist to reschedule your appointment for this week. I just did. My appointment wasn't until March, but I'm having problems with my meds, so I changed the appointment for this week.

Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 1:09 PM

younghope wrote:

This has been a journey, one that I have walked with many, and some have already gone before me. It is my deep faith in God and the love and joy of my son that has got me this far. I'm still living in the moment as that is all that any of us have.

Tracy

Dear Tracy, you really said it, sister!  I just recently read, "Life is a journey, not a destination".  We need to live in the moment, because that is all any of us has.  Everyday I think about what's wrong with my life.  Then I have to stop myself, and tell myself what's RIGHT with my life.  I meditate on my Magic Words (which I posted about on the old board) iin order to pump myself up.

Medicines are important but they are not the only answer.  We have to fight depression which can be a part of all dementias.  Tracy, you have done so much for the dementia world.  I miss reading your signature with your book and your summer camp noted. Keep meditating upon your achievements and on positive affirmations, Tracy.

Iris L.

SteveSanJose
Posted: Tuesday, January 24, 2012 4:37 PM

Life is a journey as is Alzheimer's. You do everything do enrich and extend it. It is not just taking medicines, but keeping a positive mental attitude, and a good healthy diet. Live life as you have always lived life.
Geegee
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2012 1:07 PM

Tracy, you are  still one who is strong and a leader on the boards.  You have invaluable information and experience. 

But yes you are entering a time where   it's okay   to lean on others now and then.  The main thing is to get exercise, keep Best Practices, and try to keep a positive outlook.  

We are all with you Tracy!  Thank you for being you and for helping when you can.  We all have days we are stronger than others.