RSS Feed Print
Impending Stroke
younghope1
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 9:05 AM

I called my neuro yesterday and let him know what was going on with me, the numbness on the right side of the head, running into walls on my left side, difficulty driving and more sudden onset confusion, the headaches and the list goes on and on as listed in another post. The nurse called me back this morning and siad that my neuro thinks I am having TIA's leading up to an impending stroke. He can't get me in his office before Monday which is very quick as he is about 8 months behind in apppt. If things get worse between noiw and then I am to go to the ER. I really don't need this on top of everything else! Please keep me in your prayers.

Tracy

frustrated047
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 10:50 AM

Hi Tracy, I don't believe your familiar with me, but you will definitely be in my thoughts.  Take care!
Lisa428
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:25 PM

Tracy,

Have you checked your blood pressure??  Go to a pharmacy that has one.  Please check right away.  If your BP is elevated please go straight to the Emergency Room.

You are always in my thoughts and prayers but I'll beef up my prayers.

Please, let me know how you are doing.

Peace and Hope,

Lisa

dayn2nite
Posted: Thursday, February 16, 2012 6:49 PM

Tracy, I never log in here anymore but I still read.  I have logged in because I feel this is already an emergency.

Please don't wait for the neurologist to have time to see you Monday.  Just go to the emergency room now.

The TIAs you may be having may also be impairing your judgment to a degree where you won't be able to tell what is an emergency and what is not.

Just go to the ER, don't mess around with this at home anymore.

Geegee
Posted: Friday, February 17, 2012 10:10 AM

Tracy, you are in my prayers.  Please get checked out.  We will be anxiously waiting to hear how you are doing.
younghope1
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 5:15 AM

Just want to thank you all for your prayers and to let you know that my husband is here this weekend with me. He is going home tomorrow and very worried he told me. He has to go back to work or he would stay but he has a 12 hour drive back to Illinois. I will be seeing my neurologist Monday morning. I have just been taking it easy and not get stressed out about anytiing. My Chapter called me to check on me yesterday and I filled them in and will let them know what my neuro says. Again, thank you for your prayers.

Tracy

hopeful30
Posted: Saturday, February 18, 2012 11:34 AM

tracy, i too am praying for you!! i had several TIA'S 5 years ago and am at constant risk for stroke due to hypertension and high cholesterol. i have to be vigilante and regularly visit my neuro. please go to the ER at the very first sign you arent doing good, it is so vital to avoid real damage!!! you are in my prayers that you will be ok!!!!