RSS Feed Print
Neuro Update
younghope1
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 3:18 PM

I just got home from ny Neurologist today and he siad there is deffinetly something wrong, he thinks I already had a "light stroke". He is doing testing on Monday next week he has me scheulded for 2 MRI's of the Brain an MRA and a EEG. Then I see him again in 2 weeks for follow up. AND, he siad that my driving ceases today, that was his words. So, I am having to depend more on others and that will be a diffiuclt transition as I have always been so independent.

Tracy

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, February 20, 2012 4:44 PM

I"m sorry about the news, Tracy.  Is this "light stroke" related to high blood pressure?  To high cholesterol?  To diabetes?  If you have these risk factors, are you getting appropriate treatment for them?

As far as driving goes, did you say you already got Austin on your insurance policy?  I'm sure he will be willing to take you wherever you want to go.

Is your husband still in the area? 

I think you said your area does not have a lot of services for the disabled.  Will Austin be graduating from high school this year?  If so, do you think now is a good time to think about moving to a more accessible location for yourself?

Iris L.

younghope1
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 12:49 PM

Hi Iris, I don't have any of those risk factors, that is the reason for all the testing on Monday to see what is going on and what has actually happened at this point and where treatment needs to go from there. I will have Austin on insurance tomorrow and yes, he will take where I need to go whe he is not in school. The school made a mistake an Austin won't graduate early like he thought, so he still has one more year. My husband went back to northern Illinois, had to go back to work. I won't think about any changes until Austin is ready to start his life.

Tracy

Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:06 PM

I'm glad the neuro is on top of things.   

Once Austin becomes the primary driver and you and he get back on a regular schedule, things may calm down and along with that your stress level will lessen.  Perhaps that will ease your recent symptomatology.   

I hope your husband was helpful during his visit. 

Iris L. 

Lisa428
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 4:03 PM

Tracy,

I'm so sorry about the news of a light stroke.  Is it like a TIA?

Please, don't drive anymore.  It's NOT safe for you or Austin.

I'm glad he'll be insured tomorrow.  I know he can help you when he is not in school.

When did your EX come??  Was he nice and helpful?  Did he assist you and Austin by getting some help?

Thinking of both of you,

Pace and Hope,

Lisa

Mimi S.
Posted: Wednesday, February 22, 2012 6:39 PM

Tracy,

Thanks so much for sharing.

Well, at least it sounds as though you are getting good care from your doctor.

And Austin can't wait to start driving.

Do keep us posted.

Geegee
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2012 4:10 PM

Tracy, I'm so glad you got in to see your Neuro.  I have been thinking of you 

and wish you and Austin the best.  I hope it wasn't upsetting for Austin to have 

your husband around.  Now he is gone again?

Take care Tracy!