RSS Feed Print
gaining weight and thought if someone/people were interested we could help each other?
Iris L.
Posted: Friday, November 23, 2012 1:51 PM

Good for you on your weight loss, mish but I'm sorry you and your mom are ill.  That came on quite suddenly, didn't it?  I hope by this time you have returned from the doctor's office with some medication and are feeling a bit better.

I'm at the same weight as last week.  No gain, which is a miracle for me.  Now I have to get ready for my prime overeating temptation season.  But I do feel more in control this year.

Take care, mish.  Get lots of rest and stay hydrated!

Iris L.

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, December 7, 2012 1:23 PM

Mish, I hope you and your mom are over your illnesses by now.

I can't believe I haven't posted for a few weeks.  My weight is up three pounds since I last posted.

During the three weeks I was frantically working on the tax situation, I went back to eating from the drive-thru fast food restaurants to save time.  It's amazing how quickly those foods plump you up. 

Some of it I'm sure is water weight because of the high salt content of the food.  I usually eat a highly salt-restricted diet due to my elevated blood pressure, which is well under control.  But this demonstrates how sensitive I am to an overload of salt.

Well, back to my regular eating!

Iris L.

John50
Posted: Friday, December 7, 2012 6:23 PM

Thanks Iris for the advice. My biggest problem is I have always been an incredibly picky eater and it has gotten even worse with dementia. It has always been as much about textures as it has about taste. I don't like certain textures and there are tastes I don't like as well. I have found it tough at times the last couple of years eating things that I had learned to like so that is why I say it has been worse with my disease.

I only like very little for fruit and vegetables so I have taken a multivitamin for a very long time and in more recent years drink a glass of V8 Fusion a couple of times a day which is supposed to contain a full serving of both fruits and vegetables. I know fresh fruit and veggies would be better for me but I just can't eat most of them. I know it doesn't make a lot of sense but I have always been this way and I don't think it is going to work to change that drastically now.

I had been really sick with a bad sinus infection for a few weeks which drastically affected my appetite so I think I lost a bit of weight but that was luck I guess.I knew I had a sinus infection because I have had a ton of them and did have surgery on my one of my four sinus cavities last spring because they couldn't ever get rid of the infection in it. This time when it became incredibly painful I called the doctor and he put me on the same antibiotic I have had many, many times. After about a week when it seemed even worse he put me on one I have never had and by early this week I felt like a new person!

I need to make the goal of getting back to more exercise next week. Quit kidding myself and make myself do it until it becomes a habit. That is what I did a few years ago and I felt better than I have since I was young when I was working out about 5-6 days a week for about 45 minutes to an hour each time. I was amazed and I know that it would do wonders but it is so hard getting from A to B with this disease!! I had to stop the routine when I broke my ankle and never have gotten back in to the routine. There is that apathy that will let you think oh well, this disease is killing me anyway and that is a LOT of work, pathetic to think that way but I have to admit I have sometimes. It is hard to see the the benefits sometimes when it is so much easier to not do the exercise but I have to make myself somehow. 

Maybe by talking about it I will become more motivated to actually get it done. I hope so.

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, December 7, 2012 11:51 PM

John, I think the intention Mish had in starting this thread is that those of us who are interested in controlling our weight will encourage and spur each other on. 

I agree, it's very hard to stay motivated and so easy to come up with excuses not to do what we know we should/could be doing.  I'm also not a big vegetable fan but will eat them if they come with my dinner.  I got into a routine of eating salads and lost weight, but to me, salads are for the summer.  Now that the weather is cool, I can't stand the idea of salads.  I want some mashed potatoes and pot roast!

But I'm going to tell myself to be a big girl and eat the salads that I know will help me.  I want to get this weight off!  Every Christmas season I gain seven to ten pounds.  Naturally, this is very disheartening.  All I can think about are my Christmas foods.  So far I haven't indulged in holiday foods.  I don't want to start the new year in the hole.

I have to think of substitutes for eating during the holidays.  One of my usual substitutes is seasonal teas.  I like to drink cider-flavored tea.  I have also heard of eggnog flavored tea, but I haven't tried it yet.  I'll look tomorrow. 

I also eat hard candies.  There is a store on the other side of town that sells old fashioned hard Christmas candy, do you remember, the kind made into ribbons?  Perhaps I'll take a trip over the weekend.

V-8 juice is great.  I drink low sodium V-8 juice.  I was thinking of buying a juicer so I can make my own veggie juices.  I have a blender, so I can make smoothies.  I froze strawberries in the summer so I have many of them ready to go.

John, I know how a sinus infection can ruin your appetite, because in addition to feeling sick, it messes up your sense of smell, which is necessary to enjoy your food.  Have you ever used a neti pot to clear your nasal passages?  Dr Oz recommended one, and I told  my friend, and she said using it changed her life!

I'm glad it's still the beginning of the month.  I want to maintain this month--not gain an ounce more.  Back to my eating plan, and back to walking!

I hope you are feeling better soon and eating better soon too, John.

Iris L.

John50
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2012 12:05 AM

Thanks Iris. Yeah, I remember that kind of candy but I don't think I ever ate much of it. Don't know why but I don't remember what that kind even tastes like for some reason, I guess because I never ate much of it. I am feeling really good now, it seemed like forever to get here but feeling good now. Speaking of pot roast, I miss the pot roast my grandma and mother would make but especially my grandma's because after she passed my mom tried and tried but never could duplicate the taste of my grandma's gravy. I have never had any like it anywhere else. She used to be quite talented with sweets also, everything from scratch and made the best cookies, candy and pies. Her brownies were legendary and something else no one could duplicate after she was passed. I digress but that is usual here, LOL.

I have been being way better about not eating a lot late at night so if I just combine that with getting some good exercise done then I think I will actually be making some progress. I am going to try to get myself moving Monday and get it done. The V8 I drink is called V8 Fusion, have you had that one? It is a combination of fruits and vegetables and they say a full serving of both in each cup. Strawberry banana is my favorite flavor of that and pomegranate blueberry is good as well.

I say go get that candy and enjoy, just everything in moderation is the key. Take care and I will try to remember to report back as to whether I got off dead center on Monday. If I am accountable then I think there is more chance. Thanks!

Iris L.
Posted: Sunday, December 9, 2012 1:34 AM

re: V-8 Fusion:  Once I had elevated Hgb A-1-C, which is an indicator of diabetes if elevated.  Mine was 7.8.  The cardiologist and the endocrinologist diagnosed me as diabetic. 

I did not want to be a diabetic especially on top of all my other chronic illnesses.  So I worked hard to modify my diet according the endocrinologist's and the nutritionist's instructions. 

The main advice the endocrinolgist gave was to not drink sodas, be very careful about desserts, and limit juices.  I used to be a juice fiend, drinking a pint to a quart of juice a day--apple, grape, orange, pineapple, prune, pomegranite, juice blends.

I immediately cut back to one glass of orange or other juice a day, diluted 50:50 with filtered water.  My carb moderation brought my Hgb A-1-C to the 5.7 range, still a bit high but not diabetic.  I can live with this. 

This is why I don't drink V-8 Fusion.  I save my carb allowances for other foods.  I still eat whole fruits, such as a small apple, orange, pear, and berries.  I do drink low sodium V-8, which has vitamins and is low in sugar and salt.

I didn't get any candy.  I got some plain popcorn but it burned in the microwave.  But I have rice cakes to munch on and apple cider-flavored tea.

I'm glad you reminded me about the night eating, John.  One of my successful tips is cutting out eating after 8 pm.  I've lost lots of weight in the past using just this tip.

I'm glad you're feeling better.  It's easier to eat healthfully when you are well.  I tend to "indulge" when I don't feel well.  Is it true that sweets fight the flu?  LOL, Just kidding! 

Iris L

Lisa428
Posted: Tuesday, December 11, 2012 10:29 PM

Hi to All,

Sounds like everyoe is working so hard on there weight loss.

I've lost another 2 lbs.  Slow but sure.  It is sometimes very difficult to stay on track.

Welcome to all the newbies that have joined us!

We're all in this together.

Peace and Hope,

Lisa

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 12:01 PM

Good for you, Lisa!  You must feel great to continue to achieve your goals.

My weight this am was stablized from last week.  That's good for me and surprising, because I have not been consistent this week. 

I went to my Women's Peer Support Group Christmas luncheon this week, and tomorrow I will attend a Christmas party at a home.  I intend to enjoy myself!

Mish and John, how are you two feeling?  Better, I hope!

Best wishes to all of us in the coming week.!

Iris L.

John50
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 5:13 PM

Thanks for asking, I am feeling good but incredibly tired today. I have had 2 nights in a row where I didn't get enough sleep because I got up early for an appointment to go have blood drawn at the doctor's office to have cholesterol panel checked again. After the last one 3 months ago he doubled one of my cholesterol med dosages and wanted to check it again in 3 months so I had the appointment set for yesterday morning. I, as almost always could not get myself to bed and sleep early enough to get a good night's sleep Wednesday night so I was tired when I got up yesterday morning to get ready to go to the doctor's office. I was getting ready when it occurred to me that I hadn't fasted and couldn't have the blood drawn, how stupid I thought! So I called them and rescheduled it to this morning and starting later last night only had water until after having the blood drawn this morning. But even though I was tired yesterday as always I got an evening burst of energy as I am such a night owl, always have been, and couldn't get to sleep early once again. Lost track of time and was actually upset with myself for getting to bed so late.

So, too late to make the story short but I was incredibly tired when I got up early again this morning and absolutely did not want to get up but thought well I don't want to do this water only thing again soon so I better get going. I hate not being able to get up and have coffee. Not eating right away doesn't bother me much but no coffee, really don't like that! LOL So, doing good other than that and usual struggles. I am so saddened today with all these very young children being murdered in their elementary school. I can't imagine what kind of person could walk around shooting children. Just beyond what I can imagine for thinking. I was in law enforcement at one time and while I don't run emergency calls any more, I am still a member of my local fire/ems department helping with whatever I can there and have dealt with a lot of tragedies in my life but this is just unbelievable! I can't even imagine having been one of the first responders.

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, December 14, 2012 7:19 PM

What an unspeakable, horrific crime!  Our prayers and loving thoughts go out to the families!

What anticholesterol medication are you on?  The statins can interfere with cognition, along with many other medications.  It's hard to balance the treatment for one disease versus the treatment for another disease.

My total cholesterol was a little elevated but I did not want to take medications for that--I would rather work with dietary measures.

Iris L.

mish
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2012 7:46 AM

it is a crime without reason, I feel so bad for the families esp. around this time of year.

not that any time is good

well the past 2 days I have been doing pilates. needless to say today my waist is KILLING me.

my husband said that when I did pilates I was in the best shape. So I am going step by step.

I have been eating well. pants are getting less tight.

went shoppping yesterday for the holidays -that was exhausting!!!!!!!!!!! mentally and physically- but I bought tons of fish, shell fish and fruits and veggies.

I never drink soda or juice

only water and soymilk almond .

water is always the best esp. with a cut of lemon in it.

I did buy cheese LF and hummus with flax crackers.

not bad.

love hummus!

Iris I am on 2 inhalers,  they did say because of sandy people with allergies and copd are having a harder than usual time sso i think that plays a big role. they we we need a good frost to kill the mold and stuff.

I guess then we will see.

have a nice day!

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, December 21, 2012 11:48 AM

Have you been doing Pilates for a long time, mish? I keep thinking about Pilates because it is supposed to be good for people with back problems.  Perhaps that may become a project for me in the new year.

Is shopping considered an aerobic exercise? (LOL)

My weight was up two pounds this am at my weekly weigh-in.  Oops.  I've been to two luncheons and I'm going to two more, maybe three before Christmas Day. 

However, I don't think the weight gain is from holiday foods.  I've been indulging in holiday candy.  Well, I know what I need to do--cut out the candy!  I'm not a candy eater except at this time of the year, so I think I'm done with candy.

Iris L.

mish
Posted: Saturday, December 22, 2012 6:02 AM

I did pilates, boxing, and yoga for years. then my body  just stopped working with me.  So I have to return slowly.  many of the stretches that i do in pliates and yoga my husband was given to him by his pt after his neck surgery to help his back and neck. I hope it works for you!

as for shopping-if you shop like my mom and I then yes it is quite a workout! lol

even broke a sweat!

I do good with the candy it is the desserts that sometimes get me. cheesecake!!

my cravings have subsidded some. maybe my body getting used to these meds. who knows but I dont miss the cravings.

Very_Frustrated
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 11:32 AM

Do you gain weight early on then lose it.  I gained weight so far but haven't see a weight loss situation yet just more hospital stays that last longer obviously for other reasons.
Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 12:09 PM

Hello, Frustrated.  Are you going to join us on our weight control quest?  It's easier when there is company.

I usually gain 7-10 lbs at Christmas time.  This year I have only gained two pounds.  I'm very proud of myself.  Even though I have been indulging in holiday foods, I have been spacing them out and not eating constantly like before. 

I also made more use of meal supplements, which I believe helped to modify the weight gain.

I'm excited about beginning a new year.  This year I'm twenty pounds lighter than at the start of last year.  (Yea!)  I'm eager to get back to my regular eating.

Last year I attended a weight loss class given by a registered dietician at my medical group.  The emphasis was on drinking water as the beverage, eating more vegetables, and increasing exercise and activity. 

And in general, being consistent and not giving up.

I'm aiming for another twenty pound weight loss by my birthday in April.
That's achievable for me.

Will anyone be making any changes in the new year?

Iris L.

Very_Frustrated
Posted: Saturday, December 29, 2012 5:18 PM

Yes  I will join I just don't want to get depressed about it.  Not a good thing.
mish
Posted: Thursday, January 3, 2013 8:35 AM

well new year new beginnings!

my resolution (if you want to call it that) is to practice ways to get a healthier body, mind and soul.

so I began yesterday with a food journal- something I never did before. I think Iris was the one that suggested it but anywoo- it is a good idea.

did pilates yesterday and some weights for arm.

ate well. meditated and prayed.

read.

today,

the bike and pilates/yoga.

fish and veggies tonight. with homemade caldo verde soup. it is 3 degrees out.

yup- cold.

I think my butt is staying in! lol

I hope all is well with everyone!

namaste

Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, January 5, 2013 11:19 AM

Happy New Year, mish.  It's always nice to have a fresh start.  Your homemade caldo verde soup sounds good. 

I also had planned on a dinner of fish and veggies but my friend convinced me to go to Souplantation with her, so I had a big salad and soup.  That was fine, but I also ate spaghetti, three muffins and some ice cream.  That's what I usually eat at Souplantation. 

I need to rethink eating all those carbs, because I know that eating fewer carbs contributed to my weight loss last year.  What I will do the next time is eat a bigger portion of salad, one muffin and no ice cream.  I drank water for my beverage.

I also have to be stronger about peer pressure.  My friend had ice cream and I joined in to be sociable.  I don't have to do that.

I went back to walking for exercise this week   It's boring but I know it will work.  I carry a radio with me so I can listen to music while I walk.  I had stopped walking before because the walking hurt my knees.  I felt a little stiff but not too bad. 

I also exercise with weights.

My weight is unchanged from last week.  I'm ready to see that scale marker drop!

Iris L.

mish
Posted: Sunday, January 6, 2013 9:34 AM

Iris I hear you re, the scale. I have noticed my jeans are a bit looser. but i am going to wait a week for the scale.

I would like to walk but not in this cold weather

hell no! lol

I did dancing on wii, it was fun. I used to be a really good dancer but I felt like I lost my grove. hope it returns.

that yoga with the back bends killed me! I havent done a hand stand or back bend in almost a year,   I did pretty good but was sore the next day.

I think I am going to give this ol body a rest today.

I did find a good recipe for tuna and hummus mixed together. I am allergic to mayo so this was a good idea.

re. carbs. for bread light rye has alot less carbs than other breads and it wont break your bank.

that soup plantation sounds nice.

too bad we dont have that around here.

I love soup. I always make homemade soup.

cant beat it!

good luck to all this week.

mish
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:41 AM

well still going

I made this "kitchen sink" veggie soup yesterday with low sodium broth. I mean I put tons of veggies in it! you name it, its in there! lol

and I put brown rice and low sodium kidney beans in it.

with a bunch of my spices.

it came out awesome.

(not to toot my own horn! but it was)

I tired this squeeze workout

that lady is out of her tree!

I was yelling at my tv

"enough already" ha-ha

but it was a great workout

arms def. feel it today

but I keep a picture of an outfit I want on refrig. so I kept thinking about that.

and I am going away with my family this summer and if I am going in a bikini my butt has better shape up.

I hope all is well with everyone.

Iris-I was watching big bang theory yesterday ( i love that show) anyway,

sheldon mentioned soup plantation. the place u go. I thought of u right away!

I am going to move to sc eventually - I have to check if they have one.

have a good day all!

Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:49 PM

A bikini, mish?  You go, girl!

Keep up the good work!

I bought the makings for veggie soup yesterday too.  I'm going to make mine today.  Actually, I feel kind of glad to get back to eating a lot of vegetables after eating so much holiday food for the last few weeks.

If you crave soup and salad you will like Souplantation.  Not many restaurants emphasize vegetables.

I'm still walking for exercise.  My legs feel good but my lower back is beginning to hurt.  Perhaps I need more of a warm-up.

Tomorrow I weigh myself--I hope I see a good number.

Good luck with your squeeze workout.  (You'll have to tell me what you're squeezing.)

Iris L.

mish
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 6:31 AM

Iris- that woman makes u squeeze every muscle of your body! lol

I was working muscles I didnt know I had

too bad there is no soup plantation here.

good luck on your numbers.

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, January 11, 2013 11:29 AM

The squeeze exercises sound terrific!  Every muscles gets it attention.

When I weighed this am I was down 1 1/2 lbs.  I'm back on my weight loss trajectory!

I made homemade vegetable soup last night.  It's good to be back to eating veggies.  I ate a lot of meat and potatoes or rice or stuffing over the holidays because I was eating out.  I also ate a lot of goodies, or yummies, as my brother calls them.

How are the rest of you doing?

Iris L.

mish
Posted: Saturday, January 12, 2013 8:56 AM

I lost 2 lbs so far. my arms are hurting but no pain no gain.

I love soups, filling and good for you.

congrtas iris, you are doing great.

I started saffron today. lowers cravings. saw it on  dr. oz and read reviews. so I will let u know.

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 3:26 PM

I'm in a slump--can anyone relate?

In the past I have used food as a motivator/reward for accomplishing chores and tasks.  A box of animal crackers, a bag of donut holes, a few cookies...

One of my favorate jump-starts for when I got into a rut was to force myself to get out of the house by going to the market to the "day old" shelf and loading up on half-priced treats--so I could binge thriftly. 

I'm in a rut now.  I'm not eating those treats and going to the market for apples and oranges just doesn't get me motivated.  But I'm still going to take a stab at this.  I've got to get going!  I can't keep sitting here!

Iris L.

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, January 14, 2013 11:17 PM

It's after 9pm and I'm actually doing better.  I managed to get to the market and buy some grapes, blackberries and watermelon.  I came home and walked 30 minutes, then ate a tuna sandwich and the fruit, and got a little cleaning done.  I'm feeling energized now but it's almost time for bed. 

Iris L.

mish
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:17 AM

Iris, I can relate to the slump. I have all the right food in the house -I get food from store delivered when it is too cold and yuck out.  But re. exercise, the last 3  days I havent had the energy at all. I had about 4 hours sleep combined sat and sun night so yesterday I was a couch potatoe. I did some housework but not alot . i was beat! last night I went to bed early and slept. Thank Goodness! so hopefully today I can find the zing to get back into exercise. Just sometimes my body doesnt have the strength to do things. no energy. I know in my head that when I exercise i have more energy but sometimes I can just do 10 minutes. and that is not enough. esp. when I need to loose 30-40 lbs and be ready for the beach. I told my mom I want fat sucking surgery and  she was like "Michelle Anne! are you crazy!" lol

I told her I dont want to look like a beached whale this summer and I want my cool outfits back and she told me to be easy on myself to do alittle bit at a time. stop pushing myself. so I will keep trugging along. 

I have been watching Dr. Oz and he has alot of good tips this month on motivation, weight loss and control and anti- aging spices and herbs for body and mind. yesterday they had on one for memory if u want to check it out.

I do notice that  since this winter is so gray and crappy out  I am not doing things like I usually do. SO I am inside . i do try to keep busy with  house stuff, hook and latch, cooking and reading but I havent socialized like I should be. The closest group is 35-40 minutes away  on wed's and my friends from school have babies and live not that close. in snowey, icey  weather I don't like to drive.

So I nibble more during the day. good thing  we have all fruits, veggies and organic stuff around or i would be a house!

sorry I went on! lol

anyway- good luck Iris.  I believe in you as always!

Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:03 PM

Mish, it does get gray here in Southern California and I don't feel motivated to walk, but since it's only been two weeks since the beginning of the new year so far I am still walking.  I will try to walk earlier in the day.  I had the idea that if I walked in the late afternoon, ~4pm, it would help me sleep better.  Because of the trees in the neighborhood it gets dark at 5pm here.

One thing I noticed this morning when I awoke, is that I feel more energized and fairly jumped out of bed.  I slept over 8 hours.  I use a CPAP machine and it times how long I sleep.  I had been getting only 4-6 hour the other nights.  I slept all night and didn't wake up once.  I think this makes a HUGE difference in how I feel during the day and how motivated I feel to get things done.  I'll have to keep track.

I used to knit to keep my hands busy from eating.  Your hook and latch probably serves the same purpose.  Unfortunately, cooking and reading are not activities that limit snacking.

Best wishes to both of us this week.

mish
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 5:11 AM

hopefully when I move to sc I can walk all year long! its snowing now outside.

beleive it or not, I don't snack when I cook, don't know why but I don't. and as for reading I get into the books and concentrate hard  now so I don't snack then either.

the saffron really has cut down on craving and appetite which is good. (knock on wood)

my friend from school was a trainor at the gym so she is going to help me put together a program.

I did read that weights before cardio helps you loose more so that is what I will start today.

I find that if i don't do it first thing in am, i won't do it.  so I try in am too.

good luck!

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, January 18, 2013 11:26 AM

Today is Friday, weigh-in day for me.  No change from last week.  I'm somewhat disappointed in the scale, but I have noticed that I'm getting smaller. 

This week I was able to wear a top for the first time that I bought a couple of years ago that didn't quite fit.  I do notice that my figure is looking better in the mirror. 

I have more stamina and my body doesn't ache all over like before.

Iris L.

mish
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 7:25 AM

I think for now I am going to go with clothes and not scale. my scale said i llost only 1 lb. but my clothes- jeans, yoga pants, etc. are looser in every way/ and my body seems to look slimmer. My husband even said he can tell I lost, my face was thinner  also. So Iris, i am with you- forget the scale for a bit and measure with clothes. I also noticed that i can do more reps. than 2 weeks ago which is good.

I am going out to lunch today and I checked the nutritional facts already. I just need to stay away from the homemade italian bread. lol

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, February 8, 2013 10:18 AM

Today is Friday and I weighed myself.  I've been the same for the past three weeks.  Which is strange, but good, because I've been eating so much. 

I've been eating a lot of fruit, which is fat free but high in sugar.  I feel this eating jag is all due to the bupropion. 

Also, I took my first zumba class and hurt my back, so I haven't been able to walk or do my other exercises.  I hope I can do better this coming week.

Iris L.

mish
Posted: Saturday, February 9, 2013 10:03 AM

go zumba woman! I couldn't walk right for days after zumba. But I love the beat and dancing. I havent weighed  myself to be honest and this past week i did not exercise. just runned down.

I will start tomm.

hope all is well with people in this blizzard. I cant see my car! lol

Iris L.
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 2:14 AM

I haven't posted in a long while because my weight is increasing, not decreasing.  I've been in a lot of pain since the zumba class in the beginning of February.  TWO MONTHS wasted from zumba!  I'm very upset about this!  I never dreamed it would be so damaging to me! 

I haven't been able to walk or do any exercise, my back and my entire body hurts.  I couldn't find my new pain medicine bottle tonight.  I know I bought it but couldn't find it in the house, so I went outside tonight (at midnight) to the car to see if I might have left it in the trunk.  No, no pain meds there.  I had to take on of my older pain meds because I'm in a lot of pain today.

Thank God Resurrection Day is upon us, and I can get a new start.

Iris L.

ilovemygrey
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 7:01 AM

hi,, I need to do the same, I have Mild Cognitive Impairment.. and I have been gaining weight for at least 1 year if not over 2.. I need to also lose weight at least 45 or 50.. so, lets get going.. I am game.. are U.. I walk every day , most days for a half hour.. I have  a son who is adopted and he is 5.5 and is hard to go walking with him. I may just go to the mall and see if he can go in the stroller , so I can get my half hour in during this week of Spring Break.. wish me luck! good luck to U too.. have  a great day to everyone too.. Lisa C