This is a poem I wrote about my mother and Alzheimers
File Attachment(s):
thCAOK5SU0.jpg (167536 bytes)

Linda's only child
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 2:10 PM

VERY TOUCHING.
Linda's only child
Posted: Monday, December 24, 2012 2:13 PM

THIS IS UNSETTLING TO ME WHEN MY MOTHER DEAR IS IN DISTRESS, DAYS EARLIER MY DAD WAS SHOWERING AND MY MOMMIE GETS OUT OF THE HOUSE AND DISAPPEARS ON A RAINY NIGHT.

MOM'S MENTAL STATUS DECLINES RAPIDLY ON THIS DAY AND IS ADMITTED UNTIL 7/13/12 TO BE TRANSFERRED SHE IS SO HEAVILY MEDICATED WE DON'T EVEN RECOGNIZE THIS ONCE VIBRANT COMICAL SWEET PERSON. SHE STAYS THERE APPROXIMATELY 2 WEEKS AND IS ONCE AGAIN TRANSFERRED TO A FACILITY IN LAS CRUCES SHE WASN'T THERE EVEN 24 HOURS AND TOOK A NASTY FALL AND HIT HER FACE LEADING TO THE HOSPITAL FOR A 2 WEEK STAY TAKING HER OFF ALL OF HER DEMENTIA MEDS, TO LEARN HER MENTAL STATUS CONTINUES TO RAPIDLY DECLINE. WE WERE BLESSED TO HAVE FOUND A FACILITY THAT HAD AN OPENING FOR A FEMALE RESIDENT IN T OR C , NM TO WHICH LAS CRUCES DIDN'T AT THE TIME OF DISCHARGE FROM HOSP ON AUGUST 11, 2012. AT THE TIME ALL THIS STARTED MOM WEIGHED IN AT 124 LBS, TODAY SHE IS A MERE 90 LBS. WE ALL MADE PLANS TO VISIT HER AND BE ABLE TO LET HER KNOW WE LOVE AND MISS HER, UNFORTUNEATLY I HAVE TO WORK CHRISTMAS EVE AND DAY. WONT BE ABLE TO MAKE THE TREK. GOD IS GOOD AND I NEED HIM TO GET MY HEAD BACK ON TRACK, I AM NEGLECTING MY DUTIES AT HOME AND I AM SURE MY MARRIAGE IS SUFFERING, DON'T KNOW HOW LONG MY HUSBAND ROGER IS WILLING TO HANG IN. IM NOT AN EASY INDIVIDUAL TO LIVE WITH AND MY ATTITUDE IS TESTING HIM DAILY. GOD ALLOW ME TO GET MY ACT TOGETHER. I LUV MY MOTHER DEARLY AND AM SO SADDENED AT THIS TURN IN HER HEALTH. MOMMIE WAS BUSY IN HER DAY AND THE IDEA OF GUEST WASN'T WARRANTED. WE GO TO SEE HER BUT IT IS VERY DIFFICULT THE MOST SHE SAID TO ME WAS “MOVE” I WAS IN HER WAY AS SHE WALKS ENDLESSLY. THIS SADDENS ME TO MY CORE, I NEED TO FIND A GROUP TO MEET WITH TO SEE AND HEAR OTHERS SADNESS TO KNOW I AM NOT ALONE IN THIS DARK TIME FOR MY FAMILY.

DianeS
Posted: Friday, December 28, 2012 11:38 PM

These days will be dark and your moods will change like the fall weather, a little happy one moment and tears the next.  We are allowed this, tell your husband that all of the emotions that you are feeling are a part of the grieving process and you must go through them to come out the other end with peace.

It would be wonderful to get into a group, I know it is so helpful to hear what others experienced, how they feel and cry along with them, they will be your extended family now.  I did not get that experience and I am still looking for counceling for me and my daughter, the Hospice where my mom passed, does offer great programs, but neither me or my daughter can walk through those doors again,

Everyone is different, everyone takes a different path, I hope you find yours soon