RSS Feed Print
Is there any update on technical changes to the board?
llee08032
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 5:30 AM

Will there be anymore changes to the board? Our patient board here seems to be withering away.
Nora
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:14 AM

I am perusing other boards today as there seems to be little fresh material out there.....I too believe the activity is diminished. Somewhere a moderator posted that they have added more than a hundred new members since the rollout, but I believe maybe they are just watching from the wings. It feels so lonely on here right now and I wonder how long until we can feel comfortable.

God bless.

Nora

Paul Hornback
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:13 AM

I hope everyone will hang in here on the boards. Change is especially difficult for all of us. we get settled in and are comfortable with something and then it changes. It will take most of us months to finally get settled in again but I pray this will happen for all our friends.

Please don't jump the ship and do your best to work through all the changes. Besides, it is good for the brain as it is a mentally challenging activity (one of our best practices). If you all can read this and get logged in, please try sending us an update on how you are doing. we miss you all!

God Bless, Paul

Mimi S.
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:25 AM

Thank you Paul. The only changes being contemplated, as far as I know, is to fix the glitches that are showing up.

You can check the number of new folks by clicking on groups, above.

llee08032
Posted: Thursday, January 22, 2015 8:26 PM

Like Paul said we do need to hang on and not bail out. Thanks Paul. Keep coming back Nora.
Iris L.
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 12:56 PM

Like Paul said we do need to hang on and not bail out. Thanks Paul. Keep coming back Nora.

It's so hard to hang on. Posting has become a burden. One of my posts this morning took 1 minute, 2 seconds to load. I can't wait around for these long posts. Plus I have to edit repeatedly because the formating is wrong. In some pages, I can't seem to get paragraphs, despite repeated editing. Some of the pages don't load because now all the pages are secure pages. It's just too much to deal with.

In the past, I was troubled by outsiders who promoted their own boards and lured away our members. Now I might be looking for another board. I don't have good expectations that this board will improve. The problems are too many.

Iris L.

Paul Hornback
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 2:27 PM

Iris, I know it has been a difficult time since the changes. I have the same problems as you but am just trying to hang on. I don't know what we do if you left the boards. You are our champion! You keep us informed, encouraged, and inspired to continue forward. We'd be lost without you!!!

I know it is difficult but we need you to hang in here with us. In spite of all the changes, we can still keep each other encouraged somehow.

God Bless, Paul

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 3:24 PM

Iris, I know it has been a difficult time since the changes. I have the same problems as you but am just trying to hang on. I don't know what we do if you left the boards. You are our champion! You keep us informed, encouraged, and inspired to continue forward. We'd be lost without you!!!

I know it is difficult but we need you to hang in here with us. In spite of all the changes, we can still keep each other encouraged somehow.

God Bless, Paul

Thanks, Paul. I really appreciate your support. I need encouragement now. I feel lost. I feel like I'm adrift at sea. I used to stay logged on and pop in several times a day. I enjoyed being helpful. Now I feel blocked.

Iris L.

Agent 99
Posted: Friday, January 23, 2015 5:08 PM

I offered a roadmap and hopefully someone in charge will take action to connect with each member individually through their private email.

See "My ALCONNECTED Manifesto..." from the spouse forum
https://www.alzconnected.org/discussion.aspx?g=posts&t=2147512635