RSS Feed Print
Granddaughter's first communion
llee08032
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 10:03 AM

My granddaughter made her first communion this past Saturday. She was so lovely and beautiful in her white veil and dress! A vision to behold...took many pictures. It was a perfect day! We had a party afterwards and I of course was somewhat anxious about getting confused in the noise and crowd but I actually did okay. The party was outside and inside at my granddaughter's home so I manly kept an eye on the kid's playing outside and fussed over the cute little baby's and their mom's. I also talked to some of the neighbors at the party who were talking about my granddaughter and how sweet, well mannered and kind she is to them. Of course I know what a spirited and sweet and kind child she is and was glowing with pride.

Yet there was something in the back of my mind that day that I just couldn't put my finger on other than this sense of sadness. It hit me the next day (fortunately). It was the white veil and dress that conjured up thoughts of maybe not seeing my young granddaughter get married someday! I then chastised myself for having this human emotion and told myself I was being ungrateful after having witnessed this very special and beautiful event in my granddaughter's life.

I keep getting turned around again and again and chastising myself for having negative thoughts. UGH!

Mimi S.
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 10:32 AM

Aah, but Lee, you figured out a reason for the bit of sadness. And so you conquered it.

Chastising yourself is not in the books. The important thing you recognized and so controlled your thoughts.

Paul Hornback
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 7:25 PM

llee, I'm so very happy you got to see your granddaughters first Communion. What a blessing that must have been to be there and be part of it! These are such precious ceremonies and they will always be with you since they have now been written on your heart.

Please, don't be so hard on yourself about your thoughts. We all have moments when we look into the future and wonder. I think it is a natural thing to do but please enjoy all the great things you have in the present. Besides, you'll be seeing many great things with your granddaughter again.

God Bless, Paul

llee08032
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 7:10 AM

Thanks for reminding me Mimi that I did figure it out and can move on from there.

Paul-I like that "written on my heart" comment! It was a Blessing to be there and be a part of her celebration in the Lord!