RSS Feed Print
Neuro psych eval follow up consult appt
llee08032
Posted: Friday, July 24, 2015 11:04 AM

Well I had my 6-month follow-up neuro psych eval and am scheduled for the follow up consult August 7. I scheduled off the day from work in case I need time to marinate my thoughts and feelings based on the results. I'm thinking some scores may be lower but also wondering if any are higher or the same? I am worried and feeling stress and feeling the impact from the stress! Waiting to hear about that which is better, worse or the same. Especially waiting to hear about that which is unknown to me at present I don't like. Trying to figure out how to calm myself until then...I am not a math type thinker (from that side of the brain) and am hating numbers today and my life summed up in some damn score! UGH!
llee08032
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2015 10:13 AM

Yesterday I was trimming this big hedge which has gotten out of control and looks like an apparition from The Shining, when I started to get tremors in both hands. This has never happened before and it took a while for the tremors to stop. Does anyone else have tremors or know what it comes from?
Marta
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2015 1:06 PM

Hello: I am an NP with a husband with EOAD.

The most likely explanation for your tremors under those circumstances is that the trimmer was heavy and caused your arm muscles to be fatigued.

I hope that has resolved by now.

alz+
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2015 5:46 PM

Rapid shaky tremors?

I have them off and on. It is creepy. I also occasionally get leg jumping spasms at night, and when standing still my feet contract.

There's a picture just waiting for romance!

Muscle fatigue - I suppose, the tremors feel different than muscle fatigue, or like the electricity has been interrupted.

Should you get a chance to ask a neurologist or ? please post. I have always wondered about the physical aspects.

I was a wreck at my last exam and did not know why. I found out how much my "scores" fell because the ALZ research project I volunteered to participate in was checking to see if I had been diagnosed yet, and I said "yes" and they said "well thanks, we can't use you anymore then."

I know what parts I was incredibly weak in but never thought about it until now. Guess I didn't realize they were significant!! I would put my low score areas of skill into the hands of other people, and do more of my high skill stuff myself.

deep breaths, lemon balm, dog petting, write about it. let us know how it goes.

will be sending you courage to use in any way you like.

Lisa428
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:55 PM

Hi llee,

I hope you are feeling better today. Stress is truly OUR enemy. Please, try not to focus on those tests and scores.

You seem to be doing well. No one is 100%. We have our deficits but so does everyone else.

Slow, deep breathing can help decrease stress. Quiet, soft music. Soft environment.

Please, take care of yourself!

We're here with you.

Peace and Hope,

Lisa

Lisa428
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 1:57 PM

Llee,

I forgot Exercise can definitely decrease stress!

Thinking of you,

Lisa

llee08032
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2015 9:15 PM

Thanks, Marta, alz+ and Lisa!

My arms are aching from those darn clipper's!