RSS Feed Print
I'm still here
ffwife54
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2015 1:46 PM

hi all,

I haven't been on the message boards much lately. I had been spending a lot of tine with my dad who had stage 1V lung cancer. He passed away Dec 17th and the funeral was Dec 22. Needless to say my stress level has hit the roof and my memory has hit the floor. I can no longer read. I make notes to remind me of things only to forget the notes. I have no short term memory and had to cut my dose of excelon back because I fainted and sprained my foot. 

Guess I just needed to vent......

Happy Holidays to everyone 

Iris L.
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2015 4:28 PM

I offer my condolences in losing your dear Dad, ffwife.  I pray that God will comfort you and your family in this sorrowful time.

I'm sorry about your sprained ankle.  I have fallen a couple of times this year, but fortunately, I was not injured.  We have to be extra cautious about falls, now.  

As we enter 2016, you will have the opportunity to get back into a routine.  I am enjoying time to myself for these two weeks before my senior class resumes.  I feel like I am on vacation at home.

I hope you have a good year coming up.  It's Leap Year.  Please join us more, if you can, ffwife.

Iris L.

Mimi S.
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2015 6:45 PM

Dear FFwife,

My condolences.

I do echo iris's thoughts.

Take time to absorb and grieve. No rush.

Then try to get back into Best Practices.

Do wander around here, even if you don't feel like posting.

Have a happier 2016.

jfkoc
Posted: Monday, December 28, 2015 7:30 PM

Please accept my sympathy also...Losing someone really pulls the rug out from under. Please take care.
The_Sun_Still_Rises
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 2:12 AM

Sorry about your dad.  The best advice I got when I lost my dad, was that it will hit you at odd times...and to just be patient with yourself.  Just paying it forward. 

Stress will make symptoms worse, but will clear up again when you an find ways to process through the stress.  It an take longer, and may need to be done more manually with the disease than before the disease. 

Hang in there, and take all the time you need.

alz+
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 4:34 AM

ffwife - so sorry your Dad has passed. Losing Dad...

he must have been a good man.

Hope your ability to read comes back, some times I lose some functions then it returns, not the same but returns none the less.

will be sending you prayers for strength. means a lot you took the time to share what is happening. 

love and courage

llee08032
Posted: Tuesday, December 29, 2015 7:45 AM

ffwife,

So sorry for your loss! Please do take extra good care of yourself during this time.