RSS Feed Print
Hi Alz+!!!!
llee08032
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 7:28 AM

I was just thinking of you and your avatar popped up! So happy to see you!  

I hope that your being on the board means you are feeling better and that you're due to see the Dr about that lump. Love & Blessings,

alz+
Posted: Monday, April 4, 2016 7:48 AM

Hey! I woke up and was so confused - there is an odd color to the sky, looks like BLUE and a thing which used be called a"sun" shining. Ha!

I have other lumps but have not called doctor yet.I am still worn out but trying to put in context of before I started CBD oil.

Because I am anxiety free on the oil and more talkative and able to think - I forgot I have been exhausted for years. So maybe lumps are from shingles fight, do not want to go to doctor every week. First working on my nutrition, and getting more sleep.

I did let Keeper examine the one in my groin - took me days to get up courage because it felt like giving up the last vestige of "femininity" ! He found it right away and then the pain under my arms I was thought was from when I fell on steps, but there are more lumps there and they sting.

Balancing going to doctor too often with giving things a chance to heal on their own.

Tomorrow is dentist. I never noticed swollen glands when I had shingles before but possible.

Miss you and everyone on boards, so nice to check in and connect!

alz+
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2016 7:32 PM

another broken molar has to be extracted.

decided to go to oral surgeon 2 hours away. I declined anesthetic because fearful of drug reaction and it costs another $450.

tooth is eroded below gum and infected.could this cause swollen glands?

am I one of only a few who seem to have one illness or condition after another?

I have been busy without doing much. The CBD oil allows me to calculate numbers better than I have in years, I can dress without thought, have been more friendly, made phone call for tooth appointment and hair cut - I generally am fearful of using a telephone.

Have been able to have 2 longest phone conversations with my last close woman friend about her approaching death, our friendship, and our dog walking for 12 years.

I can tell she feels I am more "there" now, I hope to find a way to travel 3 hours to see her for an hour or so in her home. She is very weak, time is short. I do not think I would be wanting to do this in the condition I was in a few months ago, and I don't think she would have been as welcoming of my visiting as she is now.

So far it has been all good, advise people to start on it as early as possible. Can't bring myself to think if I would be a lot better now if I had started sooner.

Iris L.
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2016 9:15 PM

I hope you can get to see your friend very soon.  Will Keeper be taking you?

Iris L

Gig Harbor
Posted: Friday, April 8, 2016 10:15 PM

What is CBD oil and how do you use it? I am assuming it is a form of cannabis. My husband has AD and is mainly struggling with short term memory. It is hard for him to have in-depth conversations with friends because he often forgets things from the past and they don't realize this. It is easier for him to talk to strangers or casual neighbors that he meets while walking the dog. He would love to have an improvement in his thought processes.
Unforgiven
Posted: Saturday, April 9, 2016 12:23 PM

Absolutely, tooth issues can cause swollen lymph node.  If the decay has reached the pulp chamber of the tooth, even through a microscopic crack,  that  ould send bacteria into the blood stream.  Those swollen glands may be your body's attempt to hold off the infection.
alz+
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2016 8:51 AM

Gig Harbor -

cbd oil is an extract of cannabis, with virtually no THC.

You can look it up online.

There are also extended conversations about my use of it on these message boards.

The results are much more than I ever expected. A member who posted here about his wife's improvement got me motivated to get some.

I would be happy to give you more info in private message if you like. There are also videos on youtube which demonstrate the transformation in people with dementia before and after taking their cannabis xetracts - or perhaps the pharmaceutical version.

The effect does wear off (I have not taken my dose for today and cannot recall name of pharma drug). I started at one drop the size of a grain of rice and after a month went to 2.

I have recently been taking 4 rice grain size drops a day and find I do not have anxiety and was able to rearrange furniture and clear out a construction mess in my house in past week.

Can not imagine why people are not using it. Good luck!

llee08032
Posted: Sunday, April 10, 2016 10:36 AM

am I one of only a few who seem to have one illness or condition after another?

No. You are not the only one. I am glad you have brought up the topic of lingering infection. I have an abscessed tooth that really doesn't hurt that bad for over a month now. Previously to that some type of abscess or boil on my shoulder wear bra strap rubs. I have been feeling run down and extra tired but chalked it up to work stress with a back-to-back audit and then an inspection. I've finally convinced myself to go to urgent care today and get started on an antibiotic before seeing a denist. I hate to doctor for every little thing and hope things just go away or clear up on their own. Skin was burning and stinging on and off feeling like shingles so I started myself back on antiviral which seemed to work but made me feel more run down. I always have several hives outbreaks and various rashes in the summer months. I must be allergic to bug bites because they always swell and leave marks on skin for weeks. Seems like I'm always contorted and twisting, turning and pulling muscles or tendons in strange ways when doing something simple like getting up from the toilet. 

alz+
Posted: Monday, April 11, 2016 11:14 AM

Run down

Hives

Skin Infections

Hair loss

Insomnia

Muscle pain

Stiffness

Shingles

Exhaustion

Emotional extremes

Tooth Issues

I see these as secondary mentions in many posts. I think they are part of a systemic problem which also includes dementia as a symptom.

Have started to use B 12 complex again, Emergen-C powder mineral supplement, eating melon, taking Chaga tea and concentrating on nutrient support.

llee08032
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:52 AM

Got to urgent care and started antibiotic yesterday. The abscess is down already. My B-12 level is a little high. I'm still trying to get the Vitamin D level up. Just added biotin for the thinning hair. Thinking about rogaine.

I did the famous foot soak with listerine and vinegar to prepare for wearing sandals. I did not hear anything about going easy on the listerine because it stains your feet and toe nails blue! I soaked in peroxide after to get off some of the blue stains. My feet are so smooth but still have a blue tint. (-:

The_Sun_Still_Rises
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 10:10 AM

Just want say ((Hugs)) both you...I so sorry you be suffering.  I real hope you two get some relief soon.

<3

Iris L.
Posted: Tuesday, April 12, 2016 7:18 PM

Ilee, I had an abcessed tooth and I had to have a root canal treatment.  Be sure you are getting the proper treatment, because an abcess is a walled off infection, and needs to be drained for full treatment.

Dental infections can spread throughout the body, so it is wise to take care of it ASAP.

There is a bronze Listerine, which might give your feet a tanned look.

I take a host of nutritional supplements, including biotin.  Much of hair loss is familial.  Rogaine may help.  I was advised to use it, but I chose not to. 

I hope you feel better soon.

Iris L.

a_step@a_time
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 3:38 AM

JJust a note:   I did a spot test for thinning hair using off brand rogaine.  My hair fell out in that spot and gray grew in.  So I stopped it before I could even see new growth.

llee08032
Posted: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:46 AM

Iris,

I've never had an abscessed tooth drained before or had any idea that was the correct treatment! I think I may need root canal. Thank you for that information. 

I forgot about the other color of listerine. I've been using the blue for years. I will bronze my feet with the next foot soak!

((((Sun)))), 

It's good to see you!

llee08032
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2016 6:49 AM

My tooth was hurting all day yesterday and the abscess is so hard. It did not hurt like this prior to taking the antibiotics. I think I've let this linger for too long.
alz+
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2016 7:47 AM

Iris - I chose to have my tooth removed because the root canal process is not certain except for being very expensive. I had to pass on having anesthetic because that was an extra $450 and was not sure what it would do to me.

My friend called and said not to come. I understand she is bedraggled and vomiting and weak - the anticipation of company in this worn down state was creating too much anxiety, as many of us feel about company arriving.

So  my not going was doing something helpful for her. She likes getting cards in mail (the last person I know who does not use a computer) so I will send her cards. 

The reason I came to board this morning was that I woke up pondering the fate of those who can no longer speak who have cracked painful teeth or infected teeth and there was Llee's post of the morning!

I am now looking forward to the oral surgeon removing this tooth next Tuesday. 

Thank you to all who gave information on infected teeth and one's health. Hope I get some energy back when this is over.

Hi SUN! 

Unforgiven
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2016 12:48 PM

I just went through two root canals -- premptive, just to make sure there would be no trouble once the crowns were prepped and installed.  The most painfulbpart of the root canals was paying for them, but they are worth it if the tooth is relatively sound and you want to save it, which I did.  I had hairline cracks in both lower first molars, from sixty years of use and fillings that had already been replaced at least once.

Ilee, there are two kinds of dental abcess -- the first is where decay or trauma has cause damage to the pulp chamber.  The nerve dies, becomes necrotic, and the pressure forces the infection out the tip of one root into the jawbone.  A periapical abcess looks like a little balloon at the end of the root on an x-ray.  They are exquistely painful, which is why I got mine done before that had a chance to happen.
The other kind of abscess is periodontal -- bacteria causing an infection deep in the gum pocket.  Those tend to drain out through the gum tissue.  I used to work for a periodontist, so I've seen both kinds.

There's a theory that oral bacteria getting into the bloodstream causing general inflammation, heart disease, brain problems.  It makes sense to me.

Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, April 14, 2016 1:26 PM

Alz+, I'm sorry you won't get to see your friend, but you will still be a comfort to her, just because she knows you care.  Receiving cards and letters is very important to shut-ins.  They don't have to be store-bought cards, either.  We can print out cards from the internet, decorate them with stickers or personal drawings, and send them off.

Ilee, my last abcessed tooth was painless.   I developed a lump, which I thought might be a tumor.  X-ray showed the abcess.  The tooth was actually dead, because I had no sensation at all.  I don't remember the cost, but I don't believe it was too expensive.  I did have dental insurance, which paid some of the cost.

Please, get that tooth taken care of ASAP, Ilee.

Iris L.