RSS Feed Print
A multi-track approach to life.
Jim Broede
Posted: Sunday, May 8, 2016 5:22 AM

Walking and reading. At the same time. I like to do it. Because it gives me a sense of accomplishment. Both physical and mental. Better than doing two activities separately. When they can be combined. Of course, I could chew gum, too. While walking and reading. Also, nothing would stop me. From  donning my earphones and tuning in soothing classical music as I walk and read and chew.  Four simultaneous pursuits. More proof of a wondrous multi-track approach to life. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, May 17, 2016 5:44 AM

I enjoy being alive. What more can I ask of life? Than to feel a vibrant pulse beat.  I’m up now. Watching the coming of dawn. Yes, sunset in reverse. I’ve watched many more sunsets than sunrises. I can’t remember my first sunset. But I remember a sunrise. I must have been 3 or 4 years old. In bed. When darkness suddenly became light. In the snap of the fingers. And I was astounded. Telling my mother. That I had seen the actual coming of a new day.  For the first time.  With my eyes wide open. --Jim

Jim Broede
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 4:35 AM

The important thing. I have a feeling. That I'm on the right track. Because life is good. Despite the pitfalls. I'm willing to accept the imperfections. Because they are offset. Many times over. By the perfections. By the innumerable opportunities to fall in love.  With someone. With something. Every day. --Jim