RSS Feed Print
cbd oil update 4 what just happened?
alz+
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2016 12:04 PM

My husband had to go away for an overnight with his sister so I was left here with our dog who has a bone tumor protruding from front leg.

i was all for keeper going but I was nervous about being in charge of our dog's pain management.

we got through yesterday really well, slept well. i woke up today and got her outside, gave her breakfast, made myself a cup of coffee, decided to change sheets, started load of wash, did dishes, checked some emails.

downloaded some driver updates on my old computer, paid  a couple bills online.

then took her out again and met neighbor in road, chatted about new wild animals lurking at night and came back in.

until an hour ago i forgot I had ALZ.

I do not recall when i started this experiment with the oil that has THC  in it but had planned to do the 60 day protocol to see if it would 'cure' the cause of the cognitive loss.

when i realized i was behaving normally I  got a little shocky. keeper should be home  by dark, dog is sleeping comfortably, going to bake brownies.

this is not the same as the moment of awareness thing that happens. not sure what to try to make sure this is happening.  I doubt i am cured but this is wildly different than I have felt in 6 years.

what the heck is going on? 

Dawn831
Posted: Sunday, October 23, 2016 5:45 PM

It is very interesting to hear about the changes you are experiencing. Your description of todays activities really sounds like you are becoming much more functional. Good news for sure. I would imagine if you were to go back and read your own past posts you may find even more evidence of your improvement.
alz+
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 11:07 AM

this is weird.

going to keep taking oil 3 xs a day and better find another hobby.

having my hair cut off today as swim pool opens next week.

also, when husband was gone i had only very minor "lock" as in difficulty getting up and starting an action with a purpose.

will test visual distortions - need new glasses. shocked.

alz+
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 11:11 AM

started the thc oil in august, so been about 60 days.

also have had severe pain to touch on inside of my calves since age 22 when i was beaten and legs slammed together against a wood floor which left them black for months. i think lymphatic vessels were damaged. 

had a massage 3 days ago and they did not hurt at all. old age spots gone. still coughing up white foamy phlegm when walking fast (on purpose walking fast).

anyone else taking oil have change like this?

BlueSkies
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 11:59 AM

Alz, I am taking high CBD hemp oil and it has helped me a lot.  I want to take the oil with THC, but am not in a legal state.  I am sure I would see much more improvement with it as I have read it is much better.  Oh well, I can only do what I can do.  It's a shame it is illegal in many places.  I hope that changes some day for me and many others. 

I am so happy for you.  The results are amazing and it's good for others to see this.  I am tired of the fear mongering and lies about this oil.  Thanks for sharing your experience!

alz+
Posted: Monday, October 24, 2016 11:28 PM

blue skies

the oil you take with little thc is very effective for me in many ways. when it wore off I was stuck again. I will still use it everyday because it is a rapid fix for confusion or feeling stuck in place.

improving cognition, more automatic stuff, makes living so much easier and anxiety goes down. The only reason i started the thc oil was because it is used as a medicine around the world, kind of a super good-for-what-ails you thing. there is suggestion it stops cancer cells from reproducing, seems to normalize blood sugar, eases neuropathy and arthritis pain. too good to be true - except when it works. A relative uses it for seizures another uses it for MS.

I was hoping it would kill the microbe, defeat the invading virus, repair damaged connections - fix whatever is sick with my ALZ. I don't know what it means that I went backward 3 stages. 

Tonight I am having some slowness of thought and difficulty making my point, if there was one. 

A high quality pure cbd oil from a strain suited to your goal will probably be helpful to many people who try it at any stage. If our cognition can be retrieved, our abilities regained, then they were never really gone like the 7 stages concept towards death.

I wish more people would try this. My country doctor is going to be very interested, she is the one who said i needed to take more.

what seems to be lost seems retrievable. for how long - ????

Lane Simonian
Posted: Tuesday, October 25, 2016 12:06 AM

Almost all of this is good news.  A friend with early onset Alzheimer's disease (due to a traumatic brain injury) once asked me "why cannot I completely knockout what is causing this disease."  My sense is that the factors (stress, microbes, environmental toxins, sugar, carohydrates, etc.) that cause the formation of the key oxidant in Alzheimer's diseae (peroxynitrite) result in a vicious circle that perpetuates the production of peroxynitrite.  So you have to keep taking the compounds that limit the formation of peroxynitrite, scavenge them, and partially reverse their damage or else the progression of the disease will simply pick up where it left off. 

The following is rather technical, but it seemed like the person who wrote the original article got almost everything right.

CBD a Better and Safer Treatment Option for Alzheimers

Although the conventional treatments for Alzheimers can alleviate the symptoms, these drugs cannot delay the progression or reverse the disease. This post from The Marijuana Times sheds light on how CBD can not only relieve debilitating Alzheimer’s symptoms but effectively treat the disease.

The damage done to the brain in Alzheimer's disease is done by oxidative stress via NMDA receptors.

We suggest that oxidative stress mediated through NMDAR and their interaction with other molecules might be a driving force for tau hyperphosphorylation and synapse dysfunction. Thus, understanding the oxidative stress mechanism and degenerating synapses is crucial for the development of therapeutic strategies designed to prevent AD pathogenesis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4470891/

And one of the best ways of preventing and partially reversing damage to neurons and to receptors involved in the retrieval of short-term memory, sleep, mood, alertness, and social recognition is by using CBD oil.

In an AD brain, the hyperphosphorylation of tau protein results in the formation of intracellular neurofibrillary tangles that interrupt inter-neuronal communication and memory process. Occurrence of neuroinflammatory events and oxidative stress are common in the pathogenesis of AD. Other factors that contribute to the pathology of AD are the impairment of intracellular calcium homeostasis/signaling and excitoxicity [which leads to the death of neurons via NMDA receptors and to the further impairment of memory].

By acting as antioxidants, the various compounds in CBD oil not only limit the damage done to neurons via NMDA receptors, they also limit the damage done to brain tissue, reverse the damage done to tau proteins, and promote the regeneration of neurons.

By virtue, as a potent antioxidant, cannabidiol reduces lipid peroxidation and scavenges reactive oxygen species, independent of CB1 receptor. Cannabidiol reverses tau protein hyper-phosphorylation by inhibiting phosphorylation of a kinase molecule that is involved in tau phosphorylation and the progressions and worsening of AD.

Another notable neuroprotective benefit of cannabinoids is the regulation of the neurogenesis that occurs in the dentate gyrus of the hippocampus. This process leads to the generation of new neurons. Experimental studies have shown impaired neurogenesis in AD brains. 

https://www.solcbd.com/blogs/news/117383685-cbd-a-better-and-safer-treatment-option-for-alzheimers

I see a brave new future.

6th year caregvr
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2016 6:51 PM

Hey Guys and Gals!

My mom is still holding strong. She has not fallen yet!  That makes 3 years THC has almost stopped progression and has given her incredible quality of life.  I only wish we would have started regular doses 3 years earlier. She doesn't know who I am and she is in a diaper, but at 86 she still goes shopping and does nothing but smile.  I know for a fact she would be dead if left going down the path she was.  Good luck to all of you!!

BlueSkies
Posted: Monday, November 14, 2016 9:40 PM

6th year caregvr, that is great news.  I love hearing these positive stories regarding thc and cbd oil.

Your mom is so blessed to have a son who has gone out of his way to find something that not only works for her, but also has little to no side effects.  Good for you!  

By the way, I think your video has helped so many people be open to thc and cbd oil that probably would have never even considered it, if not for watching your video.  It was a wonderful thing to make and share for everyone to see.  It's what motivated me to try alternative medicines.  So, I thank you very much

llee08032
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 6:18 AM

6th year,

Very happy to hear about mom's smile! 

julielarson
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 8:06 AM

6th Year, thank you so much for your video of your mom, it helped me to realize that the marijuana I use to treat my anxiety is the best for dementia too.
Lane Simonian
Posted: Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:21 AM

I want to add my thanks as well.  The video of you and your mom was an eye opener for me and I am sure for many others as well.  There are treatments that can give a person with Alzheimer's a reasonably good quality of life.  Alzheimer's is no longer a death sentence (or at least is should not be).  
alz+
Posted: Monday, November 21, 2016 6:16 PM

6th year - beautiful story!

Update from me: i took a mega dose of the thc oil last night and twice the regular cbd this morning. 

went for a walk and had forgotten ice forms under snow. I took a careful path and went half the usual distance but got home without crashing.

sunday I took photos of some very cool collectible clothing to "sell on ebay" as I am still in a tither over money and inability to work and that used to bring in some money years ago.

today, when i returned from the walk, i sat down and posted 5 items! The forms are new but i figured them out. but just wanted to share that i:

collected the items to sell

arranged a place to do photos

took about 50 photos and edited them (involves finding and using the photo program and naming the files and putting them where i can find them again)

wrote copy for each of the items, figured out prices

measured every item in 5 directions and REMEMBERED the numbers between measuring and typing them in!

so now i am nervous because I have items listed and need to check a few times a day for a week for questions or whatever.

if you have never sold anything on ebay it is a lot of steps and work to make a good listing. Keeper stayed out of the room which helped.

still, the oil wears off but I am now remembering to get it for myself if husband forgets. taking it 3 times a day prevents the falling off of thinking.

it is just a shock i could do this and wanted to share. Even if nothing sells it was like fighting back and winning for a change. to overcome the inertia is huge, i often feel it takes a boat load of force to get the desire to translate into action. lack of initiative? 

have a great holiday in whatever way you can! we are staying home, snow is falling, very cold. should be a nice week.

love and courage!

Lane Simonian
Posted: Tuesday, November 22, 2016 9:28 AM

To be able to regain control over parts of your life is one of the greatest developments in life.  Either small or in this case big, it is amazing to see functions restored.  

While Alzheimer's disease cannot be cured yet, it can be partially reversed and the improvements can be maintained as long as the treatments are continued.

We are staying put, too.  The snow has come early to parts of the West.  

A Happy Thanksgiving to you alz+ and to all who grace these boards.