RSS Feed Print
Kitty
julielarson
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 12:48 PM

He is the light of my life these days and he provides us both with endless hours of fun with how he livens up the house and keeps us entertained. We have our love of this precious little thing in common and he knows he is well loved. Jay says he is spoiled in fact the most spoiled kitty we have ever had. LOL!  I laugh and tell him that he is our baby and yes he is well loved. He has decided to get up on what is a three quarters wall we have between the kitchen and the living room. Well getting up there is no problem but I have had to rescue him more than once from that wall because getting up is much different than getting down.. I am sure there is a metaphor in there somewhere but at the moment it escapes me. Anyway I love him beyond reason.. and he knows it and I am glad he does.
Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 1:04 PM

Julie, a junior cat found me a few weeks ago.  He came home with one of my cats.  He came and stayed, so I got him fixed and vaccinated.  He's feral, but I hope he can become friendly, like my other cats.   I'm glad your kitty is such company for you.  Their antics are fascinating, aren't they?

Iris L.

julielarson
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 1:16 PM

What a lucky kitty to have found you Iris.. Yes they are wonderful companions.
grandmalynda
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 3:01 PM

I love & look forward to bedtime cuddles with my Butterscotch. So comforting.

alz+
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 3:24 PM

we are thinking maybe a cat instead of a new dog.

cats are as different as dogs in personalities. the problem I have is I can smell a cat box - no matter what we tried.

I am going to think this is a sign to reconsider a cat for us.

iris - your cat brought home a friend! ha! my dog brought in a cat she found on our deck one night. We got him looking good and then after 2 months we took him to shelter because he was running between my feet on the stairway.

The dog liked every cat we have fostered but she was also happy when they left.

Might be time to think CAT.

julielarson
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 3:54 PM

Alz, I vote for getting a cat.. I am basing this on my little Freddie and his wonderful little self.. I am both a cat and a dog person but given our situation here a cat was definitely in order..
Iris L.
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 7:21 PM

I have two litter boxes and I scoop them often.  They poop mainly in the late evening. or early morning.  I rarely have odors.  I use clay litter in one, and corn cob litter in the other one.  Litter is deodorized by the companies nowadays, anyway.

Iris L.

BlueSkies
Posted: Wednesday, December 7, 2016 9:39 PM

I have 3 dogs and a cat.  The cat was a stray that followed me and my dogs home from a walk. She came right into the dog door and acted like she lived here. The dogs didn't seem to mind so I did like Iris.  Got her shots and fixed and made her one of our pack.  She has since protected my dogs from other dogs and even a snake.  She is a wonderful cat.  Animals keep me sane