RSS Feed Print
New here(3)
Canada111
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2016 10:00 PM

Iris L.
Posted: Sunday, December 25, 2016 10:29 PM

Welcome to our online support group, Canada.  I hope you will find our members to be a source of strength and support for you.  Please let us know how we can help you.  

When you post again. click in the text field, the big box, and type what you want to say.  Then click the "Post" tab at the bottom, and your post will appear in a few moments.

Iris L.

JRPagan
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2016 6:19 AM

Hi there. I too am new, and I understand the fear. I read your longer breakdown, and being so new myself, would not know where to start. I will tell you that you are not alone. I am here for you. Others are here for you. 

I hope you will continue to share your journey with us. It took only one day of being here in this forum to lift me a little higher. I know it can do the same for you.

~ John-Richard ~

grandmalynda
Posted: Monday, December 26, 2016 10:18 AM

Welcome Canada.  I'm relatively new to this board also(about 2 months).  As you've seen so far, there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here.  I have learned so much and am just now starting to advocate for myself.  I also deal with several mental health issues and am questioning my mix of psych and memory meds.  Currently I am taking Seroquel, Lamictal, Wellbutrin,Trileptal,and Aricept.  I've been on aricept for 2 yrs., seroquel was added about a month ago, and I'm not sure about the rest.  I don't feel that my doctors are taking me very seriously, neuro included.  I will be looking for a new, hopefully more qualified neuro as soon as my new insurance kicks in.  I don't 't feel that I have been properly tested yet, just dismissed....it'seems  like alz just live with it.  But thanks to the well informed people here I realize that there is much more that can be evaluated.

Sorry for the reasons you are here but am so glad you found us.  I know we're in for a bumpy ride but I'm willing to keep trying as long as I have support and access to knowledge about this horrible disease .

--Lynda