RSS Feed Print
Making Connections and Composing Messages
JRPagan
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 10:07 AM

How do I connect and compose messages to individuals directly? I suspect that are a number of you that I would love to really chat more with, some of which have made comments already. Can anyone give me some direction? Thanks.

The_Sun_Still_Rises - I would love to chat more.

julielarson
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 10:20 AM

JR, what to do to connect with someone is to click on their name after signing in.. their profile will come up and in the corner you can add a connection to them.. This alerts them that you want to connect with them and they can add you as well from your invite.. Once connected you and they can communicate privately.
JRPagan
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 11:48 AM

julielarson wrote: Once connected you and they can communicate privately.

Hi Julie, and anyone else out there. I tested the instructions and connected to someone successfully. But, when I go into the inbox, I go to compose a message to someone and click to see who I am connected with... nothing. It says there are no names or groups to show. Thoughts??

julielarson
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 11:51 AM

JR, I thought I was clear but I may not have been, You will have to wait until they accept your invite and then you can start communicating with them.. It may take a few days for that to happen..PS I read what I wrote and I was indeed not clear.. sorry!
The_Sun_Still_Rises
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 1:22 PM

YES....this a very needlessly frustrating feature this forum.  I used design and host these types forums, and I cannot believe that in an Alz forum no less, that they selected set it up make it the hardest way possible people connect. 

MOST forums (there generally only two softwares them)...this kind...when you set it up...you simply click boxes the features you want.  MOST people set them up that any member can send another member a private message.  Which is HELPFUL....because MOST people use it discuss more direct things.  Like, if they did no like a post you wrote...they just tell you privately...or like in person when you friend have spinach their teeth - you do no stand up in church and broadcast that everyone - no, you privately whisper it just them.  That NORMAL human behavior and NORMAL protocol. 

Why they clicked the box that say we need connection first....beats me. 

So, I accepted you invite.  I have no opened that page for a year...so I tried do a message you....and you name no there.  I guess the database that run this need a bit catch up. 

Once that feature work, I am happy shoot you my email.

Apparently, patience a virtue....

Michael Ellenbogen
Posted: Tuesday, December 27, 2016 1:43 PM

Stop picking on this forum. They gave a person in late stage 7 build it. Thank god it at least works somehow.