RSS Feed Print
What are your thoughts on Dale Bredesin M.D. protocol and are there any of you involved with his regimen and testing/
BlueSkies
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:34 AM

Good idea Sun.  Glad you are feeling better and still hanging in there.  
Lane Simonian
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:00 AM

Thank you very much for the explanation Canada and for all the additional information and cautions.

I have memory issues related to Celiac disease (which in my case I believe was caused by the use of herbicides around wheat crops).  I make wrong word choices fairly often when writing and my wife will sometimes say don't you remember this.  There is a big debate as to whether Celiac disease increases the risk for dementia, but as a result of the disease there is not only a breakdown of the gut barrier but also the blood-brain barrier.

I cannot eat wheat and I try to avoid corn and soy.  I take curcumin but I am not sure if it is providing any benefit.  A bought a new curcumin supplement with piperine so we will see if that works better.  I used to use aromatherapy along with my mother, but since she is gone I don't do it often enough.

I hope that you make it through the testing all right.  Keep us informed about everything.

Lane Simonian
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:01 AM

Thank you BlueSkies for your kind support of Sun and me.
BlueSkies
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 10:17 AM

Your welcome Lane.  You both deserve it.  Keep up the great work you are doing!
The_Sun_Still_Rises
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 12:07 PM

Yes, thank you.  Kind words are like life jackets sometimes. 

I have never been able do whole wheat (make me bleed)...so if I do wheat, it have be white processed.  My 2nd daughter was dyslexic....however, if she avoid corn, she was not.  So our family never did corn.  Likewise, I and my 1st daughter could no do dairy.  They were cool with rice milk or soy milk....but I never could make the leap. 

When I was first sick and starting no digest foods and having gut pain....I thought, I have make it simple my stomach....and have foods as little removed from nature as possible.  Indeed, I ate fruits, vegetables, and meat....straight, plain.  I cooked the meat obviously.  The first food I did no digest was rice.

Soon I could no eat any veggies....and my folate levels were through the roof.  (again, the genetic integratives say this prove that I no adding methyl group on, although they were wrong in their assumption.  It also why trying take methylfolate made me real sick.  A year after of not taking it and NOT eating any greens, liver, or take ANY vits...I do the panel labs that show my methylfolate high as well...as was my folate.  <--- for reason NO ONE ever could answer me.  This, among, many other incongruences disproved Yasko's theories.  And is WHY I cautious before I just take anything...as I have been made real sick these things, and I now know, scientifically why some vitamins CAN in fact hurt you....depending on YOUR body's make up.  So I do no take ANYTHING as benign. 

People looked at me like I weird because I happily was live on Mango, Cantaloup, Watermelon and lamb (which was the only meat that did no hurt my gut and I ate it only 1x week) and green tea.  But I felt good like that.  And I was doing well.  And, later after doctors again hurt me this, did I learn that cantaloupe and watermelon EXCELLECT help you make and convert neurotransmitters.  But...before I knew that, my doctors are like, you no getting enough calories.  Admittedly, I was probably eat 300 calories per day....but I was happy and full, and felt pretty good.  So they send me nutritionist who tell me eat protein protein protein....so I do, and my gut go haywire, inflame...and my organ damage numbers start rise....and my gut shut down.  I was in well beyond child birth pain.   In order get the flares go away, I have NOT eat at all.  It take 2 weeks.  Every now then a doctor would suggest a powdered herb...and I would, like an idiot try and try again, because I would forget....but that would inflame my gut and shut it down each time. 

Again, this long before my dx brain....but my brain bad.  I actually wrote in sharpie on my wall...things like NEVER take powdered herbs, it inflame you gut....in order remember this...so I would no keep fall for it when they say take. 

I don't think corn in general good anyone....it a feeder crop so it can have way high pesticides and whatnots...they pay farmers grow it...and we have more of it than we can use, so they pay researcher find things do with it...which majorly suspect in all kinds of ways. 

Soy is out now re thyroid....as are ALL the goitergens....as I have HUGE issues converting thyroid.  That said, soy was NEVER intended be eaten.  We did no eat it in the past.  It grown every 3 years in corn fields renew the field.  Because it NOT intended as food, it have no regs pesticides.  It was supposed be thrown away.  But again, NOW, because we have such a surplus...the gov pay researchers figure out how put it in food.  I swear the world fat because soy is in literally EVERYTHING in the store. It in fruit teas...I kid you not. 

Anyways, I still alive because I, not my doctors, had the smarts figure it out...so I figure, despite my really broken brain, I have as good as chance at puzzling this out as anyone else....and I definitely have a way better chance than all those who not even trying.  And, I even have a better chance...than all those who trying but going off in the wrong direction. Sometimes, simple logic reveal patterns that are otherwise obscured. 

<3

jfkoc
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2017 9:50 AM

Michael...this is probably not what you were asking for but I did find that the study only had 10 participants. I wonder how they were after1 year?
http://www.aging-us.com/article/100690

The first 10 patients who have utilized this program include patients with memory loss associated with Alzheimer's disease (AD), amnestic mild cognitive impairment (aMCI), or subjective cognitive impairment (SCI). Nine of the 10 displayed subjective or objective improvement in cognition beginning within 3-6 months,

http://www.today.com/health/new-brain-program-may-fight-alzheimer-s-t104636

I was surprised to see that his protocol consisted of 6 items...all of which have been discussed and promoted on the boards for years. He is said to be going to do further studies in conjunction with the Cleveland Clinic. 

Bredesen says his program only works for patients in the early stages of the disease. His daily protocol includes:

• eating a Mediterranean diet high in vegetables and good fats
  • regular cardio exercise
  • fasting at least 12 hours after dinner
  • brain training exercises
  • getting at least 8 hours of sleep
  • a regimen of supplements to address each patient's deficiencies.

The_Sun_Still_Rises
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2017 10:11 AM

There had been 10....6 dropped out because they improved enough go back work....the others improved.  Of the 10, only 1 did NOT improved and died from the Alz. 

And yes....when you get outside of the yada arguments swirling cure....the fact is the protocol is WIDELY accepted this forum ALREADY.   It what everyone saying years. 

Funny how people can spin topic out of control when they refuse stick with the facts and topic. 

No...he talking about the lawsuits against him re chelation....from previous things. 

Chelation heavy metals was a huge fad the integrative medicine industry....and is now considered, thanks those lawsuits, dangerous....and is only practiced by a few doctors who are no real all that smart. 

<3