RSS Feed Print
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 1:51 PM
Joined: 11/2/2015
Posts: 26

My DH has lost his driver's license and no longer can drive but now does not have any photo ID.  Does anyone know where I can get a photo id with information on the card and that also states he has alzheimer's?
Iris L.
Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:11 PM
Joined: 12/15/2011
Posts: 18692

Most state DMVs will issue an identity card.  You can get a Medic Alert-type bracelet from the Alzheimer's Association, who run their own program, called something like Safe Return.  Some police departments will register a PWD (person with dementia) and may provide a monitor bracelet.  You can check with your home chapter of the Alzheimer's Association by calling the Helpline at 1-800-272-3900.

Iris L.

Posted: Thursday, February 23, 2017 2:18 PM
Joined: 11/2/2015
Posts: 26

Thank you so much, I appreciate it!
Posted: Friday, February 24, 2017 3:40 PM
Joined: 1/8/2017
Posts: 23

Ditto med alert bracelet. 

I find mine very comforting

Many states issue I'd cards

Posted: Friday, February 24, 2017 5:12 PM
Joined: 5/31/2015
Posts: 1159

When my DH turned in his license we got a state ID.  There is times when you may need an ID with a picture, name and address.  I remember going to a new Dr and had to provide his ID (in addition to insurance cards) for them to scan in.  Also, if by chance you need to fly somewhere, he will need a picture ID to get through security.  He also wore a Medical ID bracelet but is only good if he gets lost or is taken to the hospital without someone accompanying him
Posted: Saturday, February 25, 2017 6:17 AM
Joined: 7/24/2015
Posts: 3020

You get a Photo ID same places that you would renew a DL's....sometimes AAA will do that.  It good have that. 

You can write with sharpie on the back of it.  However, IF you want him still be able might not want do that.